Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

2013 Redwood 36RE

Registry
RV Name
Year 2013
Make Redwood
Model 36RE
Length 38ft
2013 Redwood 36RE
Tow Vehicle
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins SRW
Comments: 6 / Views: 3343
Old 06-14-2016, 11:51 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Looks great nice setup
Old 09-05-2016, 04:24 PM   #3

i have a 2012 36 RE

and had to open up the panel in the belly to replace a corroded shower drain fitting. upon opening black access panel noticed 3 issues.

lots of dirt and sawdust to vacuum up clean dust around power invertor

1. Return Air heat intake laying on floor, foil tape had let go and fallen, easy repair ,retape with fresh clean AC grade foil tape.

2. Bath sink drain line compression fitting under floor seeping calcium deposits around cleaned pipe & fitting retighten ,

3. the 2 switches under a cover right side black panel by belly catv connections for emergency jacks have become disconnected

lots of yellow 12 gauge female blade terminal connectors that are larger missized for a much small narrower blade terminal they touch each other someone has mashed them with plyers to tighten them up before and kinda taped them together loosly.

now they are all mixed up

can i get the right sized female blade connectors or a molex plug to fit these switches?

reaasemble together then solder them and shrink connections?

Is there a plug that fits the back of the common switches?

i need a picture of the wiring from another camper or a diagram of these wires to reconnect and repair put on right sized connectors to fix this right

9 terminals on each switch with red striped red etc

9 terminals blue striped etc switch and jumpers and ground wires etc.
to the other switch

does anyone have a picture or diagram of how these wires are supposed to be ?

just trying to fix it right the first time

then came around the front corner a saw water dripping from outside slide wall ,
ice maker line let go at fridge fitting split. turned it off at valve for another day. just started and no damage

please advise yall are great bunch to get redwood info from

karl b austin tx

Dallas

2012 36RE
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:00 PM   #4

Can't help with the switch wiring, but without seeing them I'm guessing the 2 covered switches would be for your awnings if they are near the vacuum, also the ducting that fell was more than likely the heat into the bedroom not a return, mine has NO return ducts just openings under the dresser & pantry near the entry door. I know what you mean about construction trash, I filled 2 - 1 gallon buckets with crap from behind the basement wall, wait til you pull your kitchen drawers out you'll find all the cut outs for the wiring, a 3" hole for a 1/2" diameter wire.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:04 PM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Can't help with the switch wiring, but without seeing them I'm guessing the 2 covered switches would be for your awnings if they are near the vacuum, also the ducting that fell was more than likely the heat into the bedroom not a return, mine has NO return ducts just openings under the dresser & pantry near the entry door. I know what you mean about construction trash, I filled 2 - 1 gallon buckets with crap from behind the basement wall, wait til you pull your kitchen drawers out you'll find all the cut outs for the wiring, a 3" hole for a 1/2" diameter wire.

there was maybe a 3" thick 6x12" plenum supply duct that is taped to a long flat rectangular floor duct above power supply guessing that is coming from the heater i cant see

fell and separated tape let go

seem to think floor heat was running and nothing coming out

awning switches needs a plastic plug on the back for reconnection purposes

figure that 12 volt hot goes to center posts 9 pins total

and retract and extend wires go on top or bottom for retract nothing is labeled

the yellow crimp connectors are not the right size for the switch posts terminals

everything should be labeled and legible too would to much thats another day

be to much for marine grade wiring harnesses that are labeled and numbered for a schematic and 12 guage copper 110 outlets
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #6

That duct is probably the bedroom heat & should be attached to that register above where it's laying. That was a problem with all of the front bedroom floor plans for the first several years, not sure about the newer ones.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:05 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Mine came loose see well and is the bedroom heat duct
After taking the factory tour looking at the frames sitting on the assembly line with the tanks in and all the wiring run it is a wonderful they know where everything goes without them being labeled