Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Redwood Today? (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/what-did-you-do-to-your-redwood-today-3374.html)

Char & Steve 03-04-2017 09:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am almost finished building 3 new end tables to match the center island and they will have cherry tops that open for storage but I decided to cut the wall open to insulate my front cap before I install them and here is what I found.
What you see is exactly how it was when I opened it up.

THANK YOU REDWOOD!!!!

Not that it will help but I will send this picture to them and also put it on the other site for all to see.

Going to get R-30 or better in there tomorrow but my brain also keeps telling me I could gain some more room??? I'm thinking on it tonight.

Steve

Jim & Mary 03-04-2017 10:41 PM

Now that you have it open, have you considered spray foam? Don't thing off gassing could be any worse than the artificial stuff they use on the interiors.

Char & Steve 03-05-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim & Mary (Post 73566)
Now that you have it open, have you considered spray foam? Don't thing off gassing could be any worse than the artificial stuff they use on the interiors.

I have plenty of fiberglass R-38 and 30 on hand and just not worth the time to get all set up for spray foam when I can get close to the same results with this.

Steve

Shane Wood 03-05-2017 12:07 AM

Steve
Don't be so hard on Redwood the thought was there

Jim & Mary 03-05-2017 12:08 AM

well, sure would be better than what you found when you opened it up

spindrift 03-05-2017 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane Wood (Post 73568)
Steve
Don't be so hard on Redwood the thought was there

Shane....that was a joke, right?

I'd be scared as heck to see what might be in my front cap. It sweats so badly that the condensation drains out of the front.

Dave&Ginny 03-05-2017 01:11 AM

You can really improve that RV. Just think, first you replace the suspension, move the batteries, insulate the front & rear caps. The only thing left to do is drop the underbelly and correct the insulation there. One piece at a time, you're building a better RV. Might be a business venture there:lol:

Shane Wood 03-05-2017 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindrift (Post 73570)
Shane....that was a joke, right?

I'd be scared as heck to see what might be in my front cap. It sweats so badly that the condensation drains out of the front.

Yep it were

hoosierguy 03-05-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 73565)
I am almost finished building 3 new end tables to match the center island and they will have cherry tops that open for storage but I decided to cut the wall open to insulate my front cap before I install them and here is what I found.
What you see is exactly how it was when I opened it up.

THANK YOU REDWOOD!!!!

Not that it will help but I will send this picture to them and also put it on the other site for all to see.

Going to get R-30 or better in there tomorrow but my brain also keeps telling me I could gain some more room??? I'm thinking on it tonight.

Steve

WOW!
I guess according to the RV industry mentality, "What do you expect to get in a 4 seasons, year around living, $70K to $100K product? Do you really expect the insulation to stay between the studs while traveling up and down the roads? You dumb consumers. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Steve, thanks for posting the picture. It will be interesting to see if Redwood has any comment or even posts a response. :nonono:

Ford truck guy 03-05-2017 08:39 PM

So i pulled out my shoe boxes today and found 1 side that was drooping, and 1 side that looked great...

I went and got a roll of insulation and some spray adhesive, and did some patch work. The aluminum foil had become lose from the front cap in 1 spot. Behind the center shelves was tight and looked good, the whole left side looked great, it was only the right side that dropped a little..

https://i.imgur.com/BN5QCkSl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xYiGpsLl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uSywLTcl.jpg

Char & Steve 03-05-2017 09:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's all back together and put some details over on the other site hoping RW will see it so to make it quick. It now has 2 layers of R-38 in the cap. Also got my 3 new end tables installed this weekend. They all top open for storage.

Steve

Shane Wood 03-06-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 73590)
It's all back together and put some details over on the other site hoping RW will see it so to make it quick. It now has 2 layers of R-38 in the cap. Also got my 3 new end tables installed this weekend. They all top open for storage.

Steve

Nice job on the tables as usual

Char & Steve 03-12-2017 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a very exciting day in the RW but I did make a few changes. We always seemed to knock whatever was on the tables by the bed off at night or at least move it around so I came up with this. I also added a plug with the usb ports to both sides. You can see I mounted the plugs on the lower shelf. Top shelf will have a small hole with desk grommet but had none here today.
I put together my materials list for our new coffee bar area and this will get started very soon. Will be a bit more of a challenge since many wires in that area.

Steve

Ford truck guy 03-12-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 73766)
Not a very exciting day in the RW but I did make a few changes. We always seemed to knock whatever was on the tables by the bed off at night or at least move it around so I came up with this. I also added a plug with the usb ports to both sides. You can see I mounted the plugs on the lower shelf. Top shelf will have a small hole with desk grommet but had none here today.
I put together my materials list for our new coffee bar area and this will get started very soon. Will be a bit more of a challenge since many wires in that area.

Steve

Steve, that really looks awesome !

830hvacman 03-13-2017 07:46 AM

Tail light upgrades

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, So I changed my tail lights once again, this time to maybe a better made unit. 1st photo is was my 1st upgrade, 10 LED lamp and 3 of those seem to only work sometimes. New ones have a lot more LED's and seem to be a better made unit. Time will tell.... I did reused the existing reflective mounting flanges. While I had it all opened up - I went ahead and install backup light bars mounted to my skid wheel mounting bracket.
I found some "black" expanding spray foam to re-seal the access panels under the skirting - It was the only way to gain access to the back side of the lights.
All materials found on either Ebay or Amazon.

Also re-sealed some roof seems with the Alpha 1021 self-leveling sealant.

Future work: I have one more top "D" seal the needs to replaced. Guess I'll save that for a warmer day.

830hvacman 03-13-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 73766)

Steve

Looks awesome!!! You know the factory should look at what we all do to solve a problem and work these changes into production. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

spindrift 03-13-2017 12:13 PM

830...Love those light bars. That should make backing in to a site much easier.

piper guy 03-14-2017 12:12 AM

Can you post the link for those backup light bars ? I've changed mine to 4 LED taillights to and was considering drilling new 4" holes for the backups but like your solution better.

Thanks in advance !!

830hvacman 03-15-2017 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper guy (Post 73789)
Can you post the link for those backup light bars ? I've changed mine to 4 LED taillights to and was considering drilling new 4" holes for the backups but like your solution better.

Thanks in advance !!

I will look it up, and post here.. Now I will be on the road 15th thru the 20th, so I'll what kind of internet I have - and send it when I have a good connection.

Thanks,
Ken

proteus 03-15-2017 02:26 PM

I've got a custom built light bar built into hitch socket braced on the right side a welded steel stout light bar and ladder step with led light strips everywhere very bright

Take a pic soon

Karl