Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Redwood Today? (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/what-did-you-do-to-your-redwood-today-3374.html)

proteus 09-25-2016 05:26 PM

Eternabond tape and dicor self leveling sealer for end caps seams

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy (Post 70247)
If you go to the Eternabond site I believe it does say that all edges should be caulked, which has always made me wonder why Redwood never did that to the tops of the slides. It is great stuff and almost impossible to remove once placed. The correct way to attempt to remove the tape is with a heat gun.

dealer did this on both ends when i bought camper

now tape on slides needs to be replaced with fresh tape also, adhesive is letting go

heat gun will help old tape release huh?

tape first then dicor around edges of tape

need to order a roll of this tape from amazon and some more leveling sealer too

karl

2012 36RE

Rick and Mindy 09-25-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proteus (Post 70364)
dealer did this on both ends when i bought camper

now tape on slides needs to be replaced with fresh tape also, adhesive is letting go

heat gun will help old tape release huh?

tape first then dicor around edges of tape

need to order a roll of this tape from amazon and some more leveling sealer too

karl

2012 36RE

You can also cover the eternabond tape with eternabond tape. Mine is also coming up at the edges on the tops of the slides and I'm thinking about just covering the ends and up slightly over the top with a new piece. You must be very careful removing the old eternabond with a heat gun because it could stretch the roofing material and then you will have another problem. I think I did find a youtube video showing someone removing the tape.

proteus 09-25-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy (Post 70372)
You can also cover the eternabond tape with eternabond tape. Mine is also coming up at the edges on the tops of the slides and I'm thinking about just covering the ends and up slightly over the top with a new piece. You must be very careful removing the old eternabond with a heat gun because it could stretch the roofing material and then you will have another problem. I think I did find a youtube video showing someone removing the tape.

Just need some scaffold with walkboards to get up there up

Colorado 09-28-2016 10:18 PM

Shane,
Do you have a part number for the LCI Waste Master storage boxes? I called Lippert and the lady I talked to had no idea about these. Thanks.

Shane Wood 09-28-2016 10:49 PM

Go online and type in wastemaster.com storage boxes. You can purchase them from multiple places. It's to bad Lippert people cannot help you with something they produce

GTXRAS 09-28-2016 10:55 PM

Finally got time to fix the pocket door going into the bedroom. The track pulled through 3 of the screws. This was the second time it was fixed. The service center "fixed" it with 1 screw after the rally. That fix lasted about 2 weeks.
Also got a new dining table while at the service center and they did not install the brackets correctly. When you pulled the pin, the table would not slide out. Remounted the brackets and now it will slide out.
Pulled the plastic pieces out of the right side windows so they will open more.

Rick

Rick and Mindy 09-28-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane Wood (Post 70405)
Go online and type in wastemaster.com storage boxes. You can purchase them from multiple places. It's to bad Lippert people cannot help you with something they produce

Shane, I just tried that and all I can find is the sewer hose system, didn't find any boxes. Am I doing something wrong?

travelin' texans 09-28-2016 11:54 PM

Rick, Look up "rv under frame storage " & it's the 1st thing that comes up .

Shane Wood 09-29-2016 12:01 AM

I just looked again and type in wastemaster storage boxes and they pop right up

Rick and Mindy 09-29-2016 01:11 AM

Danny and Shane, what search engine are you using? I'm using MSN and Google and I just tried both of your suggestions and I don't see any individual storage boxes. I do find the double Lci unit with a tire carrier but that is around $500. Do you have a part number? I also tried Lci and only the double system comes up.

Shane Wood 09-29-2016 01:27 AM

Rick
I just go to Google and type in wastemaster storage box. The 1st item showing is the waste master system and then the single boxes. Maybe you have one of them new fangled I Phones and it's causing you problems

r time soon 09-29-2016 01:41 AM

Here you go:

Let me google that for you

Chris

ted 95 09-29-2016 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy (Post 70415)
Danny and Shane, what search engine are you using? I'm using MSN and Google and I just tried both of your suggestions and I don't see any individual storage boxes. I do find the double Lci unit with a tire carrier but that is around $500. Do you have a part number? I also tried Lci and only the double system comes up.

Hi Rick
Go to drainmaster.com they make the drain system and boxes for lippert. you can call Sharyl 877-787-8833.They are on western time. Really nice people. Will also work with you with pricing as when I pointed out their difference with Lippert they gave me a discount. Also if you want a hose a special length they will do it for you. Her email is sharyl@drainmaster.com

Bogey3025 09-29-2016 11:39 PM

Thanks for sharing the information for drainmaster.com. Purchased our storage box today and they gave us 10% off. Many thanks!!

RomanyLife 12-20-2016 11:28 PM

Today I added new, LUXURY floor registers!

4 Attachment(s)
Wow... I'm very happy. Today we got rid of those cheap, flimsy floor registers in our 38RL and replaced them with new, solid brass ones from Signature Hardware!! Love them! Yes, they are a bit expensive; $31.00 a piece, but well worth it for me. They have other styles and material, not all in the 4x8 size we needed, but plenty to choose from.

Victorian Brass Floor Register - Registers - Hardware

Attachment 2581

Attachment 2582

Attachment 2583

Attachment 2584

830hvacman 12-20-2016 11:48 PM

Looks awesome!!!!

Dale & Tracey Fietz 12-21-2016 05:10 PM

Looks great.We were thinking of changing ours.You made our minds up for us.

Coco 12-21-2016 05:45 PM

sorry can not find the Post you sent me

shrode 12-21-2016 06:00 PM

Love the looks. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check them out. I just hate the appearance of the Redwood stock covers.

Ford truck guy 12-21-2016 08:21 PM

I will be swapping ours out soon , and they are fantastic looking ! Thanks for the tip , and link !

Joe