Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Redwood Today? (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/what-did-you-do-to-your-redwood-today-3374.html)

travelin' texans 08-25-2016 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 69291)
Danny,
Is it to do with the flange or are you thinking size?

Steve

The bottom of the top section & both ends of the bottom section have no flat spot for the glass to set on, it's about the thickness of the glass wide but with a domed top. I sandwiched the glass between the bronze colored strips to keep it flat & from sliding down. It slide perfectIy in to the slot on the door. I couldn't tell for sure from your pics if it was the same.

brenkco 08-25-2016 12:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 69201)
Would be interested in seeing a picture of the window. Anything structural in the door that had to be cut?

Steve

Steve,

See photos attached. Nothing but Styrofoam.

Ken

Shane Wood 08-25-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenkco (Post 69309)
Steve,

See photos attached. Nothing but Styrofoam.

Ken

I noticed that when we met in El Mirage. Looks great

Char & Steve 08-25-2016 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelin' texans (Post 69307)
The bottom of the top section & both ends of the bottom section have no flat spot for the glass to set on, it's about the thickness of the glass wide but with a domed top. I sandwiched the glass between the bronze colored strips to keep it flat & from sliding down. It slide perfectIy in to the slot on the door. I couldn't tell for sure from your pics if it was the same.

Thanks for the info. Redwood said they were all the same but guess not and I will have to watch. I'll grab the measurements tomorrow to compare to your to see if all else is the same.
I did just pick up some real nice edging for ones who want to install with clips and leave the scree. I just need to make some new patterns this weekend.

Steve

brenkco 08-25-2016 01:07 AM

Steve,

The window frame I bought from Amazon has tabs for the glass to sit on. Some that have used these have had these tabs break. They just reversed the frame. FYI, there is an inside and outside, standard RV window size. The glass came from
Los Algodones, MX, cost about $55.00

Window frame:
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A770...r+window+frame

Ken

PsychoBob65 08-25-2016 05:05 PM

The window looks great. I'm hoping my wife doesn't see it, those grapes were her late grandmothers favorite and she would want to do something similar.

I did finally upgrade my wheels and tires to the 17.5's this week. I feel a lot more secure going down the road with add capacity. Have also been talking with Ron aka Titan Guy and he's getting me all set up for an axle and disc brake upgrade in November. Definitely looking forward to that.

homeguy 08-25-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford truck guy (Post 69282)
That's a beautiful picture ! ! ! !

Are you saying that because of the RAM in the picture?:lol:

travelin' texans 08-25-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 69312)
Thanks for the info. Redwood said they were all the same but guess not and I will have to watch. I'll grab the measurements tomorrow to compare to your to see if all else is the same.
I did just pick up some real nice edging for ones who want to install with clips and leave the scree. I just need to make some new patterns this weekend.

Steve

Steve,
I was doing some adjusting to the door & noticed what I did differently, you put the glass in the inside slot with the screws through that 1" piece of trim across the door & the guy cut mine for the outside slot because I have the grab bars on the inside so it was an inch too short for the inside slot. So with that your patterns will probably work as long as installed in the inside slot.

Char & Steve 08-25-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelin' texans (Post 69336)
Steve,
I was doing some adjusting to the door & noticed what I did differently, you put the glass in the inside slot with the screws through that 1" piece of trim across the door & the guy cut mine for the outside slot because I have the grab bars on the inside so it was an inch too short for the inside slot. So with that your patterns will probably work as long as installed in the inside slot.

GOT IT... you just like putting the scare into me since I have a few all cut!!!!
:ermm::ermm:

spindrift 08-25-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradPAjax (Post 69285)
In Campaign IL visiting with DW BFF of over 50 years for a few days. Rain in forecast so climbed on roof to check after the last month of 90 deg temps. A small section of roof to front cap trim has lifted or buckled to cause a 4" long gap about 1/8" high in the joint compound. Filled it with flexible sealant for now to prevent water egress. Area has been "topped up" with the famous self levelling sealant that is now 4 layers deep in this area during my warranty period at the dealer. Most of this stuff is starting to crack where ever it has been applied.
How do I remove all this stuff and start sealing the front and back cap from scratch? What aftermarket sealant should I use that is compatible with the Alpha roof material?

I saw repairs being made around a skylight and the tech used a heat gun to soften the caulk...ever sooooooo carefully.

travelin' texans 08-26-2016 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char & Steve (Post 69338)
GOT IT... you just like putting the scare into me since I have a few all cut!!!!
:ermm::ermm:

Sorry Steve!

Ford truck guy 08-26-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeguy (Post 69333)
Are you saying that because of the RAM in the picture?:lol:

Sure,why not.. I am in a good mood today.

S&K 08-26-2016 11:59 PM

Flushed the water heater today and replaced the anode.

Picked up the anode from a vendor at the Redwood Rally - G & L Specialties.

He also gave a seminar on this and a few other specialty items he had available.

Info for this: G & L RV Specialties

For under $25, we now have a clean water heater with no build-up.

Shane Wood 08-27-2016 01:09 AM

Ken
Is the anode you got any different than the ones from the box stores or CW

Geo9350 08-27-2016 02:17 AM

We put a Comfort Air bed in the RV at the end of last summer and it wasn't working too good with the European Box Springs so I bought two sheets of plywood, cut them into 30" x 80" pieces. Took out the Box Springs and the thin veneer sheets under it. While off I checked the flex hose from the Washer Drain pipe and sure enough it was loose on both connections and one side was too high and binding the flex hose so it wouldn't line up and tighten right, so fixed that. Put the plywood base on and checked to see where it would hit when bringing the slide in. We have a sink in the bedroom there in the corner so had to trim that corner 4" from one side to 4" on other side. Then had to trim the other end on the closet side about 2" making the length 78" for about 8" in so it wouldn't hit the cabinet doors between the closet and dresser. Put the Comfort Air back together on the platform. Now I can set on the edge of the bed anywhere around the bed and have a solid foundation under the mattress. Next adventure is taking the waste basket in the kitchen out and use the front for a door and install drawers. Seen this mod here on the forum too and looks like a great idea since we have the oven which cuts down how many drawers you have.

Shane Wood 08-27-2016 02:21 AM

Sounds like you have bin busy. Great mods

S&K 08-27-2016 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane Wood (Post 69375)
Ken
Is the anode you got any different than the ones from the box stores or CW

The one we just put in is a zinc anode. Normally they are made out of aluminum or magnesium.

Shane Wood 08-27-2016 02:58 PM

Ken
Let us know if it holds up better than the other 2. I replace mine every 6 mths and is half eaten.

Tomkidder 08-27-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane Wood (Post 69388)
Ken
Let us know if it holds up better than the other 2. I replace mine every 6 mths and is half eaten.

I do the same with mine. However I would rather replace the cheap rods then the tank. I only buy the magnesium rods. The aluminum ones last longer and that is the part that scares me the most :huh:

Char & Steve 08-27-2016 09:33 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Working on the RW again and these are the upgrades since the rally.

Installed two sets of the aluminum stairs.

Mor Ryde pin box.

Added the Wi-Fi booster and we decided to go with the external antenna since they said it's stronger so had to come up with a decent looking mount. 16' collapsible flag pole and wire plugs into a permanent one that I ran from the desk area to the basement.

Took the combo washer and dryer out and installed separate units. Dryer is a Whirlpool which is now vented to the outside unlike our last one and washer is an Electrolux. Was a bit scary drilling through the side of the RW!

Now onto the fridge.

Steve