Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Redwood Today? (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/what-did-you-do-to-your-redwood-today-3374.html)

BradPAjax 07-13-2016 02:14 AM

We have a little store called Canadian Tire up here... they will sell you crap made in China or they will sell you a higher end brand called Maximum that has a life time warranty priced at around $110... got my torque wrench for half price at Xmas time.
Used to buy Craftsman but Sears in Canada only sells garage door openers in their "Craftsman Tool Corral" now! No one will pay for quality... Lowes and Home Depot are the places to go for all the "name brands"... that are all built in China when you check the fine print up here.

hobie16 07-16-2016 06:15 PM

I really like that mount, my Sequoia has the factory installed mount but it does not articulate. Just folds down, no slide or pivot plus it is right at the lead edge of the cargo bay, perfectly placed to knock my head on!!
I have looked on line but can't find dimension for the folded height of your mount. My current unit hangs down about 7" to the front of the TV what is yours?

Char & Steve 07-17-2016 01:09 AM

I think your talking about the TV mount in my last post and if so it does hang down about 7" + the depth of the TV. Once out and turned it's easy access in the compartment but yes... a good head knocker every now and then.

Steve

bergeman 07-17-2016 06:48 AM

Drove my Redwood over two hundred miles to Northern Wisconsin only to find out that the RV Park did not have internet, nor would tethering work. Turned around an drove back, the same day to end up at the exact spot where I had left in the morning 16 hours earlier.

The cool part of this, I never had to stop at a gas station.

rob_fla 07-17-2016 01:06 PM

Wow, that makes for a looooong day !!!!

hobie16 07-17-2016 02:30 PM

Steve thanks for the mount info, I didn't post it correctly to address you. I like the idea of a pivoting mount it lets you eliminate glare on the screen from nearby RV's, a real problem with the fixed position mount.
Thanks again

Jim

Char & Steve 07-17-2016 03:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here I go again but I solved a big headache for at least myself. We like to leave the door open for light but hate to loose our AC. I had Joe and a few others send me pictures of the Door Buddy System and I just did not like to look of the install hardware and edging. I decided to use all the existing slots in the door and only hardware used was a few small screws were there was no slot. You will have to take your door off since easier to work on a bench and take out the center slide support to slip in. Took out the screens since this is a permanent switch for us.Very easy for the guys who do there own RV work. I have made patterns for mine and I think all are the same so I will be able to offer the 3 pieces to you completely cut to fit. I'll figure out a price and let you know if anyone is interested. I will be able to offer clear or bronze color.
These are some pictures still in my shop and will add some after I put the door back on.

Steve

travelin' texans 07-17-2016 04:42 PM

Looks great Steve! As I said I already have the pieces cut, I need to see how you attached the bottom edge of the top section to keep it from sliding or bowing.

travelin' texans 07-17-2016 04:43 PM

Forgot to ask, was your screen already black or did you paint it? I like it black, but mines white.

Char & Steve 07-17-2016 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They were changed to black when I had the two new entry doors installed at the factory which I like much better also. The bottom edge of both upper and lower panels overlap onto the small ridge and this is the only place I used 3 small screws. Thought it looked better this way. Here it is installed again. Only doing one door so we can still have a screen if wanted in the rear.

Steve

travelin' texans 07-18-2016 05:17 AM

Is there any way you could take a close up of where/how you did the screws, I'm having a hard time visualizing what/how you did it.

Char & Steve 07-18-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelin' texans (Post 68046)
Is there any way you could take a close up of where/how you did the screws, I'm having a hard time visualizing what/how you did it.

Sure, I will post this evening when I get back home.


Steve

markw 07-18-2016 03:13 PM

I mounted my windows on the outside face. I used plastic screw mounts made for mirrors. I'm able to loosen 4 screws, turn the mounts 90 degrees and slide the top piece out.

Mark

travelin' texans 07-18-2016 05:46 PM

Yep, outside mounted the same way, but I didn't like the looks of them & like Steve don't intend to take off.

Char & Steve 07-18-2016 11:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What I did was use the outer slot to accommodate the Lexan so the screen door slide latch was still in the same inner slot.
All edges are in the slot except the bottom of top and bottom panel and also the inner edge of the small panel by the slide latch. I think I may make a small channel for the piece by the slide latch as I see it has the slightest bow. Almost not a worry but I like it as good as I can get it.
I overlapped that area and used three tiny screws to hold in place. Was raining pretty good so not the best picture.

Steve

piper guy 07-18-2016 11:24 PM

Steve ~ would you please bring some basic tools with you to the Rally ? In exchange for adult beverages for you and Char (if she likes Cosmos, I'm told I make good ones), and some cheeses and stuff plus good conversation, we need to remove a shelf inside the cabinet next to our TV and lets just say that my skillset does not extend to making wood look good ...............

travelin' texans 07-18-2016 11:33 PM

Thanks Steve, that's what I had pictured, but real pictures help. I got the dark lexan as all the windows are dark & you won't be able to see in as well when I streak by the door.

Char & Steve 07-19-2016 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper guy (Post 68088)
Steve ~ would you please bring some basic tools with you to the Rally ? In exchange for adult beverages for you and Char (if she likes Cosmos, I'm told I make good ones), and some cheeses and stuff plus good conversation, we need to remove a shelf inside the cabinet next to our TV and lets just say that my skillset does not extend to making wood look good ...............

No problem Vaughan.... I'm sure I can take care of it but please don't feed me any adult beverages until after I remove your shelf!:lol:

Steve

Rick and Mindy 07-21-2016 12:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got around to replacing my bent adjustable bracket on the end of the passive ram on the Kitchen slide. Even though the temps today reached near 100 and the humidity is high, with the help of my son we were able to accomplish the task in 2 hours. Easy?.......No, but manageable with several pieces of wood, a jack and a "can do" attitude. When you look at the pictures you will notice the old bracket (one hole on ram) was taken from the rear of the coach but when I took pictures of the new bracket(two holes on ram) I took them from the front of the coach. Sorry about that but you can still see the new bracket is keeping things nice and straight. Why, Lci ever designed this bracket with 1 bolt to hold it on the ram is beyond me. In that 2 hours we were able to replace the bracket and make all adjustments to the slide. So far, everything is working great!

bergeman 07-21-2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy (Post 68148)
Finally got around to replacing my bent adjustable bracket on the end of the passive ram on the Kitchen slide. Even though the temps today reached near 100 and the humidity is high, with the help of my son we were able to accomplish the task in 2 hours. Easy?.......No, but manageable with several pieces of wood, a jack and a "can do" attitude. When you look at the pictures you will notice the old bracket (one hole on ram) was taken from the rear of the coach but when I took pictures of the new bracket(two holes on ram) I took them from the front of the coach. Sorry about that but you can still see the new bracket is keeping things nice and straight. Why, Lci ever designed this bracket with 1 bolt to hold it on the ram is beyond me. In that 2 hours we were able to replace the bracket and make all adjustments to the slide. So far, everything is working great!

Rick,
That looks like a great job. From your weather report, it sounds like your still in Louisiana?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.