Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Redwood Today? (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/what-did-you-do-to-your-redwood-today-3374.html)

Kaidocl 01-25-2016 03:51 AM

Does anyone know where to buy them little metal clips that hold the bug mesh around Windows ?? Seems like a lost a few around my RW so now the are just falling off.

brenkco 01-25-2016 01:47 PM

It has been a busy couple of weeks in the Arizona desert. I have:
1. Had Ron Russell, Titan brakes install new disks
BTW, 3 of the 4 drums were grease soaked and mostly inoperative
2. Installed a wired backup camera
3. Removed the garage door struts and installed a latch allowing full opening of the door

I have a few more minor warranty issues that I hope to resolve before the 2 year expiration that is just a week away.....

Ken

atom ant 01-25-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenkco (Post 60908)
3. Removed the garage door struts and installed a latch allowing full opening of the door

I have a few more minor warranty issues that I hope to resolve before the 2 year expiration that is just a week away.....

Ken

It's going to be like a new rig! On the cabinet, did you just free swing it up and latch it to the wall of the coach?

brenkco 01-25-2016 03:08 PM

Brad,
Yes, but it wasn't as simple as I hoped. The black plastic latch used for the tool box door was not strong enough. The metal latch has a much stronger spring but the latch was too short. (My dryer vent is above the door).

A friend made me a custom nylon spacer that I mounted to the latch, added a couple of clear dots to the dryer vent to prevent marking the paint and it worked just fine.

I was tired of walking into the door and getting a back ache every time I used it! A really nice mod!

Ken

atom ant 01-25-2016 03:29 PM

Ah, the spacer sounds perfect, in fact I think I have something like that around here.

I'm putting in a slide out cooler/freezer on a Mor-ryde tray, and it will have to come out far enough to get the top open but still clear the angle of the cabinet door, not to mention the struts themselves take some of the opening. If necessary, I will do exactly what you did and get rid of the struts. If I remember, I actually interfere with the bedroom window a bit. Ultimately I hope to have the slide out cooler and still have use of the TV in the basement (which will have to move to one side instead of right in the middle.)

brenkco 01-25-2016 04:35 PM

It's the thickness of 4 metal straps that you would typically find in a blister package. The straps are exactly the same footprint of the latch.

brenkco 01-25-2016 05:28 PM

Forgot,
Added never fail bushings too.

Ford truck guy 01-26-2016 02:08 AM

Nothing to the RW either today... It's surrounded by 30" of white stuff ....

GTXRAS 01-28-2016 03:32 PM

Finally got the leaking water heater replaced yesterday. The tank was leaking at the welds along the side. Suburban did not fully weld the tank. I guess they were relying on the ceramic lining the fill the holes. That worked for about 10 months.

Rick

atom ant 01-28-2016 03:37 PM

That's twice I've heard of that :( The first one was on a Montana and he didn't find it until it had rotted out his subfloor.

jrgkfg 01-28-2016 03:55 PM

Our water heater leaked at the same welds two weeks out of the two year warranty. Tank is covered for three years so Suburban furnished a new unit and I paid the labor. Interesting side note; the Suburban dealer told me that they will all leak at those seams if you use them on gas. We had used that one on gas one time for about 30 minutes so that makes no sense to me.

GTXRAS 01-28-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atom ant (Post 61021)
That's twice I've heard of that :( The first one was on a Montana and he didn't find it until it had rotted out his subfloor.

We were lucky as I had the wall out doing other things when I noticed the wood under it was damp. I built a gutter to run the water into a bucket. It was dripping out of the front to of the styrofoam. Then running as it got worse.

GTXRAS 01-28-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrgkfg (Post 61023)
Our water heater leaked at the same welds two weeks out of the two year warranty. Tank is covered for three years so Suburban furnished a new unit and I paid the labor. Interesting side note; the Suburban dealer told me that they will all leak at those seams if you use them on gas. We had used that one on gas one time for about 30 minutes so that makes no sense to me.

Wow, that just seems wrong, We only use it on gas. Seems the majority of places we go we have pay for electric.

Shane Wood 01-28-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenkco (Post 60908)

Ken

Ken what dares are you going to be in El Mirage we are planning to visit the parents around the 20th of feb

brenkco 01-29-2016 03:04 AM

Shane,
We will be there on 2/1-3/25, space 390....stop on by!!

Ken

Shane Wood 01-29-2016 03:38 AM

Will do we will be golfing if your interested

brenkco 01-29-2016 03:08 PM

Shane, sounds great!

RCAircraft 01-29-2016 04:35 PM

Dealer completed the replacement of the end cap sealant and Fisher Paykel completed repair of the dishwasher. Busy day yesterday.

proteus 02-01-2016 01:49 AM

waxing the caps 36re today tired of rubbing and polishing today but they look good pics coming as soon as i can post pic

GTXRAS 02-01-2016 06:15 PM

Put a drawer under the middle step going up to the bedroom.
https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachm...880ed89ec1.jpg
https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachm...b96b8b9ccd.jpg

Its little small but will fit our shoes. Since the 39MB does not have a closet by the door, it will keep the area around the door clear.

Also supported the rear of the middle step. The step would rock down in the back. RW ran a screw into the aluminum floor support and it was broke. No other support for the back edge of the step was in place. Will not dip any now.

Rick