Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Welcome to the Redwood Family Tree (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Redwood Rally -2012 (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f12/redwood-rally-2012-a-297.html)

marketing 06-28-2012 07:07 AM

August 24<sup>th</sup> – 26<sup>th</sup>

While we are still finalizing plans, we did want to update
you that a rally is planned. Our dates are August 24<sup>th</sup> thru August 26<sup>th</sup>.
(We’re tentatively planning Sunday August 26<sup>th</sup> as a “free? day since
there are a variety of activities of local interest happening that weekend.)

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Camping space:

Twin Mills Camp Grounds * has space on a first come/first
serve basis.

Phone: 260-562-3212 Address: 1675 <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">W.
St.</st1:place> Rd 120, Howe IN 46746

-
</span></span></span>Water/Electric (35 spaces) approximately $40 per
night

-
</span></span></span>Full Hook-ups (15 spaces) approximately
$46 per night

**Mention Redwood RV when booking – folks attending the
Redwood Rally will be receiving a discount from the standard rates.**

Service:

We will have some additional service personnel in place for
Thursday and Friday. We will need 30 days notice if you plan to use our service
facilities on those days. (This allows us time to order in specific parts,
etc.) Please call Linda Aleman at 574-457-7821 to get scheduled (first come,
first served).

Activities:

We are finalizing those – more to come on that front.

Dave&Ginny 06-28-2012 08:13 AM

I made my reservations this morning and I'm looking forward to meeting some of youhttps://www.redwoodowners.com/smileys/smiley1.gif

Enroute 06-28-2012 07:46 PM

My new 36RL is supposed to ship to the dealer Monday. It should be out of paint tomorrow morning if I understood my voice message this morning correctly. I wish I could attend the rally this year...hopefully next year!

Tall-Pines 06-30-2012 05:25 PM

Called to make reservation for Aug 23 - Aug 26 (Thu - Sat nights). The campground had no knowledge of Redwood and needed a last name of some other registered camper so they could try to group us together. I mentioned Dave &amp; Ginny ... but without a last name she could not determine their booking site and so had no idea where our group is located on site.

Is the bookings listed under some other name than Redwood? Like I mentioned, Amanda at the campground had no idea as that meant nothing to her in her reservation system.

Throw me a bone here and help me complete my booking as it is listed as tentative right now.
(I have sent a PM to Dave &amp; Ginny so if they could reply and send me their last name that might help)

Thanks!

Edited by: Tall-Pines

Dave&Ginny 07-01-2012 09:39 AM

I sent the PM back, but anyone else looking to book a site...my last name is Molleck. When I called and booked my site the lady didn't know anything about it either. She latter called me and apologized because she found the information. On their website it have listed quite a few features and it looks like an upscale place.

marketing 07-02-2012 06:48 AM

Morning - I spoke with the manager and arranged it. She was putting it in the "log book" for all her staff. They may need to check that when taking the reservation. I will also call over there later thsi AM and see if anything else can be done.

Thanks for your patience!

marketing 07-02-2012 07:12 AM

UPDATE - ask for the "Campers Cove" section. That way they can group our Redwood folks together. (And absolutely mention Redwood when making the reservation for the discount.)

UNDRPSI 07-02-2012 12:19 PM

Is this close to the factory and if it is are they going to be giving tours?

Tall-Pines 07-02-2012 06:54 PM

Called the campground back today and Amanda cleared everything up. $36 per night for full hookup beside Dave &amp; Ginny.

So, we are booked! Our first outing!

marketing 07-03-2012 07:44 AM

Yes we are planning on giving tours. That's part of the activities we are finalizing. More on that soon!

Dave&Ginny 07-03-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tall-Pines
Called the campground back today and Amanda cleared everything up. $36 per night for full hookup beside Dave &amp; Ginny.

So, we are booked! Our first outing!

Well, I certainly hope you don't laugh and pointhttps://www.redwoodowners.com/smileys/smiley36.gif

I look forward to having you as a neighbor.

dave

hoosierguy 07-03-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave&amp;Ginny
I sent the PM back, but anyone else looking to book a site...my last name is Molleck. When I called and booked my site the lady didn't know anything about it either. She latter called me and apologized because she found the information. On their website it have listed quite a few features and it looks like an upscale place.

Twin Mills Campground is a very nice campground. We stayed there last October on a 3 day weekend on our way to Michigan. It is large with sections on both sides of Indiana state highway 120 about 1 to 2 miles west of Howe, Indiana. The factory is about 40 to 45 miles from the campground.

Edited by: hoosierguy

Campers 07-03-2012 05:32 PM

Ok. Be very frightened very frightened. We are booked. See you all on the 24th.

Dave&Ginny 07-03-2012 09:33 PM

Well....that makes 3 of us, LETS PARTY!

KR2011 07-04-2012 06:20 AM

I was speaking with Brian E. On Monday and he and some other people at Redwood had no knowledge of the rally.

5th_Time 07-04-2012 07:38 AM

Wow! This is getting confusing...

Dave&Ginny 07-04-2012 06:55 PM

Well.....I guess it's not a perfect world after all.

mhs4771 07-04-2012 09:43 PM

Sorry to say, we won't be able to make it because of prior commitments.

marketing 07-05-2012 06:51 AM

The rally is still on for end of August. Due to month-end and the holiday shut-down, all Redwood departments may not have been in the loop yet at the time at which you spoke with them.
Next week we hope to finalize some of the activities and will post those on the forum.

Reminder - if you have service needs, please make your appointment early! Linda (574-457-7821) will be happy to set up your appointment.

5th_Time 07-05-2012 10:33 AM

OK, just got off the phone with Twin Mills. We'll be there on Site #57. Hope to meetyou all, exchange a few tips, and take some interesting pictures of all the rigs. Also, can't wait to go on the tour and meet Brian and Andy. This will be some fun!.

Tall-Pines 07-05-2012 02:13 PM

Just confirmed that we are booked on site C59.
You can click this hyperlink to check out the Resort Map!

Website for Twin Mills:
https://www.twinmills.net/

Edited by: Tall-Pines

UNDRPSI 07-13-2012 04:49 PM

We're confirmed for 23 thru 26! Site #C43. Looking forward to meetings everyone.

Mike when you heading out? Anyone else from New England heading out?

5th_Time 07-14-2012 08:59 AM

Wow, if you have Site #C43, then there are quite a few of the full-hookups reserved. It's going to be fun seeing everyone there.

Chuck, not sure of plans yet, but I'll private mail youwhen we're finalized.

COLJDM 07-14-2012 08:29 PM

My wife and I will arrive on the 23d and will depart on the 26th. Have no idea of the specific site but we are in a pull through with the group. We are really looking forward to meeting all of you. See y'all in August!!

TravelinAnderson 07-14-2012 10:46 PM

Sure wish the DW and I could attend the rally but we'll be on the east coast that week.

I was lucky enough to run into a fellow forum member at a campground recently.
We were camped at Candy Hill Campground in Winchester, Mass and noticed two other Redwoods were there. One was being stored but the other was setup on the opposite end of the cg from us. I was outside and noticed a guy walking toward me with his dog . He introduced himself as the owner of the other Redwood and as we talk I discovered that he was a member here and that his username is Adamsvr. We talked for awhile about the forum and our Redwoods and we parted ways with plans to tour each other's trailer.
We were at that particular cg to meet up with our son and dil that are hiking the AT and to meet her parents for the first time. I was so busy with them that I never got the chance to spend more time with Vic or with another couple we met while there. Maybe next time..

Adamsvr 07-15-2012 07:37 AM

We too are disappointed that we can't attend the rally. We are on our way to Sturgis, SD to attend bike week. Right now we're on a small island in the middle of the Mississippi river in Wisconsin.

Steve, sorry we couldn't get together more, but got tied up cleaning out our house and spending time with our grand kids.Hopefully we'll run into each other again. Vic

Babby 07-18-2012 12:31 PM

We did it! We have registered for site E19 at Twin Mills Campground. No more pull throughs are available. Tammy was super patient and very helpful. Can not wait to meet new friends.

5th_Time 07-18-2012 12:37 PM

See you there!

UNDRPSI 07-18-2012 07:18 PM

Boy this would be great advertising for Redwood. Bet well be the talk of the campground!

Babby 07-18-2012 07:23 PM

Yes, I think it will be great advertising for Redwood, as well. Plus, we all get to meet each other in a great rv campground.

COLJDM 07-19-2012 09:28 PM

I think we should schedule a "meet and greet" cocktail hour BYOB on the evening of the first day. Any Takers???

5th_Time 07-19-2012 09:59 PM

That sounds like fun. We're in... I bet I can guess what Dave will be bringing for a beverage https://www.redwoodowners.com/smileys/smiley1.gif

COLJDM 07-20-2012 08:52 AM

Warm milk??? https://www.redwoodowners.com/smileys/smiley1.gif

Babby 07-20-2012 09:02 AM

Sounds like a great idea!

Dave&Ginny 07-20-2012 09:21 AM

I've worked very hard at overcoming my shyness and under drinking problem. I'll be there!https://www.redwoodowners.com/smileys/smiley41.gif

COLJDM 07-20-2012 12:58 PM

OK folks, what time? What about 5:30 or 6 PM? What about each one of us bringing a snack to share? I will check with the campround for a meeting place.

5th_Time 07-20-2012 03:44 PM

It would be fun to set up some tables near our section in case we are comparing notes, fetching food from fridges, going for ice, etc. The front or rear of the C60 - C42 pull-through roads looks good (unless it rains, of course).

Campers 07-20-2012 06:12 PM

Mike. Don't use 4 letter word on the forum. We are in for a party. Looking forward to it. If it does (4 letter word) we have enough awnings to keep us dry.

COLJDM 07-20-2012 09:19 PM

So shall we start on the evening of the 23d for those of us arriving at that time and continue the cocktail hours on successive nights? Sounds like a good plan to set up close to where we all are located. So, around 5:30 or so I suspect a group of Redwood owners will mysteriously appear, with the required liquid refreshment and assorted "munchies"

lillyputz 07-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
Boy this would be great advertising for Redwood. Bet well be the talk of the campground!

Why would I personaly want to advertis for redwood when I can't get the rest of the warrenty work done on the paint and replacement items, after 57 days in the shop for interior repairs and replacement.

Lillyputz