Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #1

Hi,
Have a 36FB 2012 full body paint. Was in temps of 95-100 this last weekend and just noticed some of my trim strips pulling away from main body. Anyone know what would be the best adhesive to use to but back in place, and should i pull the whole strip off (10 feet) and start from fresh. By the way should this have happened on a 2012 even with the high temps??
Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #2

We have a docking light that keeps wanting to seperate. Just keep pushing it back up. Plus the nose is facing the afternoon sun. I will wait alittle longer before screwing it on with SS screws. Trim problems requre a different approach. Remove-clean both sides-add double side trim tape and reapply. Or just address the area that is comming off. The rest may hold forever.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #3

All,

I assume you are talking about external trim strips and not inside the coach? I had both come up during the current hot spell in southern Ontario (Humidex of 105 deg yesterday).

Interior trim strips between wall panels replaced by dealer.
Exterior trim bulging on the front cap to wall joints on both sides of coach. Dealer tried to reattach with silicon while getting other warranty work done... Bulge reappeared the next day. Dealer tech applied full bead of silicon caulking to the bulge to seal and I will assess what to do this Fall.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #4

maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #5

Glad to hear others are experiencing same concerns. Hubby noticed wood trim inside is separating from chair/dining room slide in our 36RL 2012. This problem is accompanied with wallpaper rinkling. We will take back to dealer for repair in a month or so, hoping all will settle down.

I need to remember this is a new unit and like a stick home will have its goofs. Just home these goofs remain little! We love our unit the way galley and bedroom work out.

Chris
maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #6

We have a wrinkle in the back wall of the Bonus Room... obviously where 2 full wall panels meet. Fixed by dealer but still flexes and wrinkles while traveling... may need more fixing at end of season. Wall to roof interior trim coming off due to 100 deg plus temps in trailer while stored.. off to trailer to fix tomorrow morning...
Also fixing flapping fenders on slides around wheel wells where blind guy installed backer brackets to screw the wheel trim to...