Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #21

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Our new GK arrived at the dealer yesterday. Only a week late thanks to the Holiday, but at least it's here. They are doing their PDI today and we will leave Austin tomorrow morning to head to Canton. We are hoping to do our PDI on Thursday and then (fingers crossed) head toward Austin by Friday. I couldn't be more excited.

We are heading to Camping World to buy all the things we need to set up at the Park. Not sure what all we need, but I have the list for everyone here and I don't think there will be much else.

Wish us well and that everything goes without a problem.

Sharon

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW1117
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Our new GK arrived at the dealer yesterday. Only a week late thanks to the Holiday, but at least it's here. They are doing their PDI today and we will leave Austin tomorrow morning to head to Canton. We are hoping to do our PDI on Thursday and then (fingers crossed) head toward Austin by Friday. I couldn't be more excited.

We are heading to Camping World to buy all the things we need to set up at the Park. Not sure what all we need, but I have the list for everyone here and I don't think there will be much else.

Sharon

Sharon, I'm really happy for you! To this day I still love driving up to my Redwood and understand your excitement. This is going to be a fun time for you setting up house keeping in your new home. Enjoy....you deserve it!

dave
Old 06-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #23

HAPPY TRAILS! To you until we meet again.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Hip Hip Hooray!!! My dealer furnished most everything we needed, he actually set us up at a campground near the dealership.I had all sewer hoses, electrical down to 110 volts
Plus chemicals for black water. Some don't put second battery, but mine did. He said that after spending that much money you should be ready to camp.

Our new GK arrived at the dealer yesterday.Â* Only a week late thanks to the Holiday, but at least it's here.Â* They are doing their PDI today and we will leave Austin tomorrow morning to head to Canton.Â* We are hoping to do our PDI on Thursday and then (fingers crossed) head toward Austin by Friday.Â* I couldn't be more excited.
My
We are heading to Camping World to buy all the things we need to set up at the Park.Â* Not sure what all we need, but I have the list for everyone here and I don't think there will be much else.

Sharon

Old 06-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Our new GK arrived at the dealer yesterday.Â* Only a week late thanks to the Holiday, but at least it's here.Â* They are doing their PDI today and we will leave Austin tomorrow morning to head to Canton.Â* We are hoping to do our PDI on Thursday and then (fingers crossed) head toward Austin by Friday.Â* I couldn't be more excited.

We are heading to Camping World to buy all the things we need to set up at the Park.Â* Not sure what all we need, but I have the list for everyone here and I don't think there will be much else.

Sharon

Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #26

Hope you enjoy your GK, we love ours.
USN Retired
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #27

Congrats on your new GK...a floor plan favorite of mine!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #28

I will post pics as soon as I can. We will leave early in the AM to get to Canton so that we can drop of the surge protector for them to install. Unfortunately, neither of us are handy. Not sure how we will manage with what I hear everyone here does. I will be looking for the local handy man often!! LOL

We do our PDI on Thursday AM and I am in hopes of getting the new GK on the road to Austin that same day. Fingers crossed.

Thinking that it would arrive last week, I took this week off vacation only to sit around and wait. They told me today that they would probably be able to deliver on Saturday. OH NO!!! That meant not one single day to move in before back to work. But, because I have a terrific dealer, he worked out a delivery for Thursday. That gives me 2 days to get sorta moved in and then back to work. The worst is that we leave for Vegas on Thursday at 7am. I was really worried that I would not be able to get moved until the weekend after we returned from Vegas. Someone up there was watching out for us.
Of course, we don't have it yet and I don't want to count my chickens, so I am very hopeful at this point that everything will work out for Thursday.

Sharon

Old 06-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #29

Just dropped off the surge protector to be installed before we PDI tomorrow morning. Had a chance to talk to the teck that will be doing our walk. Told him of some of my concerns. The roof seal being one. He said he was up on the roof and they overdid the sealant. Too much is better than not enough. Also talked about water hook ups. He assured me mine were fine. The one thing I thought was odd was they are having to replace my table due to a huge scratch. He said it looked like someone had slammed a cup down on it and pulled. If it was that bad, why did RW let it leave the factory that way? QC?? It will probably take a while for a replacement, but I'm ok with that.

Can't wait for tomorr
Old 06-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #30

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Yee Haw Sharon and Wink Rachel and I are very happy your rig finally got here..We believe it will be everything you wanted and expected...Tell Ole Dave hello for us when you see him tomorrow.... Congrats and enjoy.
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #31

<center>
</center>
Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #32

www.use.com
Old 06-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #33

What is that?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #34

Looks like a water pressure regulator not purchased at Camping World but maybe a plumbing supplier...Sharon are you taking your baby home today?
RW36FB
Old 06-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #35

Well, we are on our way back to Austin. The walk thru only took about 2 hours. I'm kinda scared we might have missed something since others have taken all day. We did video everything 'cause we will surely forget!! The GK should be delivered between 6 - 7pm. Then all the work begins to get moved in and set up.

We are headed to the house to get the first load. That way as soon as everything is up and running, I get started. I only have 2 days to get the majority done before I have to be back to work.

As much work as I have to do, I'm still super excited to start a new adventure with Wink!

Should have a glass of wine tonight after today's work is done in celebration!!

Sharon
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #36

Water Pressure regulator w/ Gauge, hand size.Edited by: RifRaff
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #37

Come on Sharon and WinkLet your hair down and have a couple glasses each...Congrats again They need a little yeller feller holdng a wine glassEdited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
Old 06-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #38

Well, I haven't been on the forum much since we returned home with our 2014 38GK. We are close to being moved in, but leave for Vegas Thursday AM and decided to take a break and just enjoy our new home until we get back. Then, it will be full steam ahead.

We did our walk thru in only 2 hours. I was feeling a little apprehensive about what me might be missing. I was right. The tech that did our walk thur wasn't very through. So, we are making a list for our 6 month inspection.

Did have an interesting event today. When I got home from work, there was water (with a yellow tint) on the counter. We cannot tell where it came from. Nothing on the ceiling seems to be wet. Then I also noticed water on the floor near the fridge. Again can't tell where it is coming from.

Any thoughts.

Even though we have some issues, she is a beauty and we are thrilled!!

Sharon
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #39

Have you had any rain? Does it have the "feel" of water, or something else?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #40

It might be coming from the Maxfan above the island and the stove. Consider installing a cover over it. Also re-caulk the fan on the roof. It may have a pin hole leak.
Edited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote