Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #1

New thread

I for one have hit new thread and it came up in the previously read thread! How do I start a new thread if it is not by selecting thread in the selection area?
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Administrator

Does this happen all the time or occasionally?

You might try deleting the Redwood cookies and clearing your cache.

Also, what operating system and browser are you using?

Adios, Dirk
Support Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
I for one have hit new thread and it came up in the previously read thread! How do I start a new thread if it is not by selecting thread in the selection area?
Not sure how it happened but you started a new thread?

The way I start a new thread...
Go to the forum home page [click on "Redwood RV Owners Community" on top left of any page.
Pick the forum category you want to post the topic to, e.g. Welcome to theRedwood Family Tree, General RV Questions, etc. - click on it.
Click on down arrow next to Forum Tools, click on Post a New Thread

Thats it!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #4

[moderator edit]I thought the most important thing was to help those who own Redwood RVs. Just because I can't get my posts to go to the right thread or the thread that I put on there when I posted a "new thread". While I understand the thread option it doesn't work for me for some reason. I am work g from an iPad not desktop or laptop. The water issue is legitimate nd I am sure others probably have it too, but it is gone. so sad.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #5

It's the black helicopters.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #6

Nobody is banging on you John and Eileen - You're right its all about helping Redwood owners enjoy their rigs.

However, it has benefits both ways to post by topic. First and foremost is you as the poster get the best responses because it shows up in the topic line and those with knowledge of that can jump on it. If its buried in some other thread with a different topic, it doesn't get the attention from those with similar experiences or knowledge, especially if they don't have an interest in the unrelated topic it happens to start under. It just simply gets missed.

The second benefit is it is far easier to search for something by topic, than to try and find key words in every thread. I've often referred back to topics that had part numbers or fixes, and my brain could never index them if they were in a topic about something else non-related.

Computer issues, welcome to the club For some reason I end up replying to a topic but it shows up on a completely different topic in the forum that I had opened earlier. I'm sure its operator error on my part, but more than once I end up talking about something that didn't exist in the thread it landed in.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote