Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #1

We just ordered a 36RE and have included most options. Our dealer will be installing a few additional options, one of which is a HD Direct TV Traveler Dish. Will my coach come from the factory prewired in the roof for a Winegard dish (e.g. coax and Winegard power supply), or is this something I need to request. My dealer doesn't seem to be worried about this. I just think it would be easier for them if the wiring was already run through the roof and walls.

Also, will my coach come with the pleated blinds or MCD blinds? I've seen both options on my dealers lot, but am unsure of what is standard. My preference would be the MCD blinds.

This forum has been a terrific resource for my wife and I as we shopped for a new FW. It was the information and great owner feedback I found here that ultimately led to our decision to order a Redwood.

Thanks,

Kevin and Tammy
Kevin & Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #2

The unit will come with the control cable for the dish installed and it will have some coaxes, but if you're like us and have a DVR you will want your dealer or you yourself, to contact Redwood and have two cables routed to the Livingroom TV, one line to the Bedroom TV and the 4th into the basement if you want to use a receive there for outside viewing. I believe the pleated day/nite shades are standard, it we had known the MCD were optional we would have ordered them for our RL. Welcome to the growing family of Redwood Owners.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Dan

The MCD shades are now standard

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #4

I would have ordered those as well. The tension on our present shades seems to pull out or loosen the mounting screws no matter how careful you are. The rear one will have to upgraded because of its size. Nice upgrade redwood.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #5

If you want your sattelite dish wiring to be done in the walls and have the ability to run multiple tv's at the same time, on different channels, you must specify on your order sheet to the factory. I thought my 36FL would be fully prepped but the factory only wires for 2 locations and I wanted 4 locations and ability to run all tv's on different channels at the same time. I use the direct tv boxes from my house. I have 4 locations, living room, kitchen, bedroom and the storage cellar. Specify your requirements on your order sheet. As for your blinds again make sure you order what you want on your factory order sheet. Contact your dealer and get your order sheet amended to include exactly what you want regarding satellite connectivity as well as the blinds. Also question your dealer as well as the factory order sheet on how wire your coach for use of both cable and satellite as well as your antenna. There is a terrible lack of information and instructions regarding this issue. To get more information on wiring your coach call Redwood factory service and talk to Brian. Hope this helps, Best with your new Redwood coach, we really enjoy ours, John
Old 09-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #6

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to follow up with my dealer and/or Redwood tuis week.
Kevin & Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #7

My 2013 36RL came with the shades standard. I also had the Winegard dish installed on the roof and sadly there were some major issues with the wiring. It took the dealership 20 hours to get all 3 tv's hooked up and working due to wiring issues from the factory. Somewhere in the coach Redwood ran splitters in the dish wiring which created issues for my DVR and being able to run all 3 tv on their own independent DirecTV receivers. I wish I would have pushed my dealer to stress to the factory during the build process to ensure the sat prep was done correctly.