Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #1

furnace and control panel

can someone please explain how to use the gas furnace on my 2020 4001LK using this control panel.

https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums...1&d=1610225743
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (13.8 KB, 98 views)
Woodmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #2

Me too

Well I see you have had questions as well. Not much out there on what controls what and how this area heating and AC works.

Why does the living room heat also send hot air to the bedroom? I would appear that the heat pump is NOT for the living area as no choice is given.

Anyone out there know what is what in this area setup?
kart racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:26 PM   #3

It appears you have 2 ZONE sensors.

It is important to make sure NONE of your sensors are blocked by anything!

Check to make sure all sensors are clear.

If you can, you will also want to disable the Scheduling Feature and Run it manually!

You have Heat selected, Select GAS and put your FAN on High.

Then select the Temp you want. Run it up a little ways, say 72 or so and the furnace should KICK on.

Your GAS Furnace will continue to run when you shut it off, this is a COOL Down feature. The motor will eventually shut off!

Hope this helps.
JSTorsrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #4

Well thanks, but does not help. I have 3 zones. When I go to living area and turn on heat, Gas and then turn fan to high, the AC fan comes on even though temp is set well below actual room temp.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart racer View Post
Well thanks, but does not help. I have 3 zones. When I go to living area and turn on heat, Gas and then turn fan to high, the AC fan comes on even though temp is set well below actual room temp.
So, you have 3 A/C units on your RIG?

Sounds like you have a Control Board issue in the Furnace! Or something isn't wired correctly.

Do your A/C's all work correctly?

Did your system work correctly when you first took delivery of it?

Another thought, is the Furnace Lighting Off?? I ask that because the control board should turn off your A/C fans when the Furnace Fan kicks on only when it senses heat!

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but this is one of those systems, unlike the old manual Thermostats, that is a PAIN in the "You Know where"!

It could be a number of things, including those little room sensors.

Let me know what you find out?

Thanks,

Jeff
JSTorsrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart racer View Post
Set the fan to "auto" then the ac/hp fan will only run when the ac/hp kicks on otherwise the ac fan will run constantly if set to "hi" or "low". In the summer setting the fan to hi/lo works well to keep air circulating, the compressor will start as needed.
If you set the control to gas heat only the furnace only should come on, not the heat pump, pumping heat from the floor. With the fan set to "hi" the ac fan will also be moving air already, probably cold, from the ceiling.
I'm not familiar with the settings on the InCommand control panel, but the operation of the equipment should be the same as mine that only had thermostats. Someone with the InCommand system will have to chime in on how to set the system for your operation.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:25 PM   #7

Thanks. I have had this RV for one week. It is new 2020.
So just learning it
Do not know what you mean by "furnace lighting" off
Only 50 as a high today, so AC has not been checked
Still do not understand why furnace send more hot air to bedroom, than living room. Even when I block off vent in there, no more comes out in living room.
I have learned that there are no manuals, diagrams, or information on anything in this Redwood. All generic stuff that does not apply.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #8

Since it's a new rv you may need to take it the selling dealer & have them check that the flexible ducts are all attached to the vents & the furnace plenum. Also have them explain the InCommand system & show you how each of those systems operate. Sounds as though you are new to rving?
The ducts from the furnace are all connected to one source, the plenum, so it's simple physics the shortest duct run will have the most air exit it. Same is true for the ac/hp ducts in the ceiling, with the hp/ac running the furthest outlet will have less airflow.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #9

Danny beat me to it... It sounds like either you did not get a thorough PDI, didn't pay attention, or never got one...
Either way, some of these questions would have been shown to you at PDI

Ask the dealer for a proper PDI...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:53 PM   #10

Ya Dealer guy that did walk through, had no idea how the control panel works. Sounded good at the time, but found out soon he was just full of BS on just about all the systems. Called back for more information and help 3 times, never got a call back.

I do not understand why, when I block the bedroom floor vent (has to be the one closest to furnace) that more air does not come out of the remaining vents.

Slowly I am getting the rest of this RV figured out. Don't get much help for $130,000.00