Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2021, 06:14 PM   #1

10 yrs full timing now. CERTIFIED RV TECHNICIAN

As I haven't post anything for a long time here we go!

I been full time RV living for 10 yrs and around 60k traveled.
We stayed 3 yrs in our 99 avion and 7 in our 2013 RW 36FL.

After fixing many problems on our unit and others, i decided to go to school at the NRVTA in TX
To become a certified RV technician
Getting the proper training in AC units, water Heather's, abortion refrigerators, slide out and exterior.
Plus a advanced training on lippert leveling system, Solera awnings etc...

I hope to be able to help everyone out with the proper way to diagnose problems and not just replacing parts.
Please feel free to ask questions that might concern you.

Travel safe !!!
Old 04-27-2021, 06:30 PM   #2

Thats Awesome Lorenz...

Your the 2nd person I heard that was trained in TX in the past week or so... The other wagon Instagram, you may follow them as well....I believe it was Jason with Changing Lanes RV ....

I will be reaching out to you if something comes up ! ~

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:21 PM   #3

Lorenz, Congrats on the certification .
I do hope that you meant absorption refrigeration units and not abortion units.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #4

I was deathly afraid to ask about that.................

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:34 AM   #5

That's okay, I've been trying to figure out is I have a "water Heather's", not sure if it's a new kind of plant. LOL

Sorry Lorenz, been getting bored as most of our Northern Friends have already gone North, while we're waiting another couple of weeks as they had snow just last week.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:51 AM   #6

Yes guys no abortion . Its definitely absorption refrigerator lol
My phone likes to typo. And yes its been an adventure from -30F to 115F in summer. I got many life time hacks for you all if needed.
i just logged on to my computer to fix all wording lol i am not a big fan of speech to text but usually does the trick. Thanks for all support.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
That's Awesome Lorenz...

Your the 2nd person I heard that was trained in TX in the past week or so... The other wagon Instagram, you may follow them as well....I believe it was Jason with Changing Lanes RV ...

I will be reaching out to you if something comes up ! ~

Joe
Yes I met Jason and Tara from changing lanes. the where in my class and sure have a fully loaded unit.
The also have many hacks for full time travelers on many aspects. I really enjoyed their video on mobile internet on the Rd.
as they go for 3 yrs the momentum looks awesome!
Old 04-30-2021, 01:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidocl View Post
Yes I met Jason and Tara from changing lanes. the where in my class and sure have a fully loaded unit.
The also have many hacks for full time travelers on many aspects. I really enjoyed their video on mobile internet on the Rd.
They seam like real likable people.....Are they the same in real life?
Old 04-30-2021, 03:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidocl View Post
Yes Jason was very friendly and explained to me how to switch sim cards between providers to make his set up work.
Yes the internet service is pretty expensive for the real time full RV'er, but he has a lot of editing to do and a lot of upload data for his business to work.

I suggested a video on learn how to run a RV on -0 or below.

I also think for most RV owners out there the fundamentals is a great opportunity to see how your rig works.
I believe Jason took the 1 week class of fundamentals on the specifics on how to run your RV.
It will teach you how many Amps you are pulling on your AC, how all three water systems work, simple trouble shooting and regular maintenance to your RV.
To become a certified RV Tech you have to complete 5 weeks of class with full hands on and diagnosis of many different manufactures and components and a very comprehensive written test.

I have to say for all full timers out there !!!
Get your unit inspected by a NRVI inspector before buying. It will save you a ton of money. They will give you about a 150 page inspection with more pictures than you can imagine. That way you can have the dealer fix them ahead of your pick up date IF you are still interested in buying.
Or have a certified NRVTA tech to fix them. The level of education of this place is unreal. So much documentation and hands on. i love it!!!! It has been a fantastic experience. And again if being a tech or inspector isn't your thing I still highly recommend taking the RV Fundamentals course to any RV owner.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:32 PM   #10

Lorenz, We have a 2013 RW36FL, that we pull with a 2019 F350 Dually. We had it parked in an RV park in Aledo, TX for several years when both my wife and were working in the Ft. Worth area, stayed in it during the week and then to our home in East Texas weekends. We recently took it to Wyoming, our first RVing trip, I noticed that there is a crack on each side in the fiberglass running from the bottom of the front slide toward the front of the unit. Any thoughts?
bill@mmigc.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:22 AM   #11

Lorenz,
Pulling 2013 36RL .. have had it into several different shops for a leak in the bedroom slide in slide (smaller slide). Slide floor was replaced by MFG., and problem supposedly fixed .. then taken to two other rv shops, seals replaced, "diverter cup" missing when mfg had it, put in. We've taped the seals around the slide, helps some. Now we have a tarp over it. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
Beauty&Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:27 AM   #12

Bill, we had the same issue with our unit. It's a stress crack which has been addressed on the new Redwoods, but not on the older units. We fought hard and finally got the mfg to fix it last year after two years of letters and calls. They put an H Bracket near the crack, repainted it and we haven't had any issues since.
Beauty&Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill@mmigc.com View Post
Lorenz, We have a 2013 RW36FL, that we pull with a 2019 F350 Dually. We had it parked in an RV park in Aledo, TX for several years when both my wife and were working in the Ft. Worth area, stayed in it during the week and then to our home in East Texas weekends. We recently took it to Wyoming, our first RVing trip, I noticed that there is a crack on each side in the fiberglass running from the bottom of the front slide toward the front of the unit. Any thoughts?
Actually a pretty easy fix... they take a saw and cut a small Vertical groove from the bottom of the wall , up about 8-10" to the bottom of the slide room. They then place a "T" channel , or a piece of molding over the cut. The cut allows the front to " FLEX" I believe..

My 2008 Montego Bay fifth wheel developed that crack and that was the fix.. my recent Redwood had that piece of channel fall out... I found a new on online and had my local shop paint it to match. Installed it myself
Old 08-03-2021, 04:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill@mmigc.com View Post
yes there is a fault on 2013 36 FL
stress line missing under the 2 front slides on the front corner.
our did crack in the same spot and created delamination.

Also 2013 36 FL has a horrible air flow on the AC's the rear one should have been mounted in the front as you can see on the 14 and 15 models.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty&Beast View Post
Lorenz,
Pulling 2013 36RL .. have had it into several different shops for a leak in the bedroom slide in slide (smaller slide). Slide floor was replaced by MFG., and problem supposedly fixed .. then taken to two other rv shops, seals replaced, "diverter cup" missing when mfg had it, put in. We've taped the seals around the slide, helps some. Now we have a tarp over it. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
is the slide in slide a schwintek system?
if so, it is most likely water traveling on the bottom rail on the guide channel back in to the unit. let me know if it is a different system thanks