Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2016, 03:11 AM   #1
Site Team

Hitch for sale

Have a 20,000 lb B&W Companion hitch for sale. Great shape, fits Ford factory puck mounts. We went to a bigger hitch (Comfortride).

Ask $500.00. We're in Baltimore , MD
Old 09-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #2

Vaughan, how is everything going with the Comfort Ride??
Really beginning to love it with our setup, we have yet to hit a bridge and get the old bucking where we thought we were going through the windshield. A much smoother and more relaxed ride now, not worried the King Pin Box is going to come apart. We're on the road now till Nov when we get back to FLA, so it's getting a good work out.
OBTW still looking for the info on the TV suspension info....
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Michelle - glad to hear. We're really liking ours too. Playing with hitch settings. Have all 5 cushions in and going to try it with 4 on the way to Hershey Sunday. So far love the combo, no bangs or creaks and whole rig feels like one solid unit.

Try Sulastic.com. For the spring hangers. Ride difference was noticeably better after install but now with about 5k on them it is even more improved. Dually rides empty like a 150.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #4

Vaughan, So you were not happy with the B&W companion? I'm looking for a hitch and want to compare the B&W and the Comfortride. Sounds like you have a lot of info there. Thanks
TomVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:55 AM   #5
Site Team

Hi Tom
I actually had a Reese Elite 24k that I hated. Hard to hitch up, noisy, and didn't like the way it pulled at all. I upgraded to the 245 Comfort Ride that I can't say enough good about. Pulls like the whole rig is one solid unit, no noise, no slop, and the ride is very, very good. We've got to hit a really bad bridge or frost heave before it's anymore than a head bob in the truck. Absolutely none of the really bad chucking.

The B&W was a friends that trad d for a DRV and the 20k wasn't enough so he swapped me for my Reese and I then sold the B&W. oh, he now has a 308 model Comfort Ride 30k hitch, and loves it. He will tell you that if you are going with a solide hitch rather than a cushioned one, get a B&W. I would agree.

Hope this helps, feel free to pm me if you need more info.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #6

Michelle I put the Sulastic hangers on the 3500 GM and the empty ride is great. Thanks to Piper Guy for putting me on to them. You will really notice a difference after about 300 miles of break in. Enjoy Bud