Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi retired View Post
After talking to another owner. in very .. very..deep length..... who has posted on here..several times.... about the enormous problems he has had.. and what he had to do to correct them... and seeing what rotflmao REDWOOD has and has NOT!!!!! done for him.. ( I saw his list before and after his dealer/factory service center(4+ month) stay....and REDWOOD`S service centers reply to his warranty claims) he lives 20 minutes from me... and have seen..first hand..... loose and falling OFF trim was not?? a warranty item...... after his unit`s 4+ month stay at the repair facility.. ( his unit was 20 days old) when HE!!!! yes i said HE!!!! had to return it to the factory!!!! welcome to canada eh? (AS IT IS HERE IN CANADA) !!!!!! had to return it for warranty work????)... and then reflect on what we are currently experencing and looking at in the near future... the considerable dollar value....... is very very very bleak.... ( in ONTARIO CANADA )

After looking what?? my original borchure....has stated as SPECS???? and to what truly is.... is VERY VERY DIS-HEARTENING... especially for what was standard? (as per brochure) states...??? and incuded... and as to what the REAL INSULATION values are...and to what the packages contain as to insulation... Is DOWN RIGHT ""CRIMINAL"" as to their claims... for the real ""R VALUE""

As there is currenly Only 1 !!! dealer left ( in ontario) , and the word from them.... is they are also going to bail on the Redwood line.. and i QUOTE.. due to the many warranty and QUALITY claims ( quality claims are not admissable here).. going throught their service departments.... We just got finished attempting to trade off our 100k nightmare.....

The suggestions from the salesman.. and then...THE OWNER OF THE DEALERSHIP... and also the head service co-ordinator.. was to cut and run....???? as the Redwood line was going to be dropped!!!!!!!!!!! not just from this dealer.. but it has a 2 year expectancy. life span..??? GRRRRR try and bail on an orphan unit.. and see what 100k gets ya.. when almost new...... 168k list goes to 48k on trade in 2 years( was only used for a few 1-2 week holiday get aways)... Evan the next closest DRV dealship.. offerred 58k on our VITUALLY NEW 2013 36FL...only if we spent 160k+ on a new DRV... looks like we are going with a Contintal or Luxe.... sorry BUT SCREW THOR!!!!!!!

as said.... a Happy customer will tell all those who ask........ AS AN UN-HAPPY CUSTOMER... WILL TELL ALL THOSE WHO WILL LISTEN!!!!!!!

DOLLARS WORK... DOLLARS PAY... live and learn....

luv my lay out.... amenities.... but enough is enough... just my nickles worth.... ( up here we HAVE NO LEMON LAWS for RV`s Or ANY REC VEHICLES!!!!!!
Sorry to hear you're having problems. As for the rumors, although they might be true, I wouldn't believe them. I've been hearing rumors like that for years. I do believe there should be some sort of regulation to protect the consumer because the RV industry seems to be able to say what they want without providing true facts.

I believe the worst thing a rv manufacturer can do is not stand behind their product. At the beginning, Redwood was known to help and stand behind their product and then due to management changes, that ended. Now with new management in place again ( 3rd set), I'm hopeful that the attitude toward the consumer changes. I've heard from a few folks that they are trying to resolve issues, which is wonderful to hear.

My 2012 RL is still on the road and doing fine. I just talked with the owner of the "Beauty" a few days ago and they're still happy with it but they are looking at upgrading to the "IS" system by MoyRyde. I towed that Redwood for well over 35,000 miles yet it's still on the road being used as a full time unit. AND these folks aren't sitting still at one place. I wish I had put an odometer on that trailer when I bought it.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #22
Site Team

Dave, if they would like to talk to someone who has the IS, feel free to share my email and phone. According to the truck's trailer app, I've pulled ours 26,400 miles, not including a couple thousand with the first truck. More than 22k of that is with the IS suspension. Will never own another fifth wheel without it.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #23

Dave, same goes for us, as we're on our third MORryde IS System. Upgraded our Montana and RW 36RL and managed to get IS on this MB between paint and final inspection.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:04 AM   #24
Site Team

Vaughn, Michelle &Ann. Yes I will pass your information on to them. They're nice folks and I encouraged them to make the move. As I have said many times, I believe the suspension is the weekest part of most RVs and Redwood is no exception.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #25

Another endorsement for the IS here.. I tell everybody i can to upgrade if they can afford it... worth every penny...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #26

Paid 31,000.00 for a 31sl 2012 model last year and we love it!!!!!bank repo was like new...stove or oven have never been used.....
katy4man is offline   Reply With Quote