Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 02:44 AM   #1

TireTech TPMS

Ok I've drank the TPMS cool-aid and want to get one that can monitor both pressure and temperature for both my TV and RW.

Does anyone have an experience with the TireTech TP7004? Seems reasonably priced, comes with the 10 monitors. See Amazon for details.

Also, this version only works with brass or aluminum valve stems. Any clue what the RW has?

TIA for any thoughts.....
Old 05-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #2

ksaltman,
I'm not familiar with the TireTech system, I have the TST 507RV system. Have had it for about 2 years and have had no problems with it. You change the batteries yourself about once a year, uses standard batteries. They make two different type sensors, the standard [have to remove them to inflate] and flow-thru. I have the standard sensors on my front and outside rear truck tires and the flow-thru sensors on the inside rear truck and all coach tires. The sensors are secured to the tires to prevent theft.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
ksaltman,
I'm not familiar with the TireTech system, I have the TST 507RV system. Have had it for about 2 years and have had no problems with it. You change the batteries yourself about once a year, uses standard batteries. They make two different type sensors, the standard [have to remove them to inflate] and flow-thru. I have the standard sensors on my front and outside rear truck tires and the flow-thru sensors on the inside rear truck and all coach tires. The sensors are secured to the tires to prevent theft.
Good to know ... I've been considering a TPMS as well. Thanks!
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #4

Father in Law has the Tire tracker. https://www.tiretraker.com I think it's the exact same as the tire tech. His is going on 3 years old. Had one sensor bad at first and not a problem since. I'll be adding one of these very soon, his saved him on a trip to Cali, got an alert of low pressure stopped to check and found a bolt in his tire. It only takes one save to pay for a system IMO.

I think the Tire Minder, Tire Tracker and Tire Tech are pretty much all the same system with a different brand name. At least looking at them it sure appears that way.
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #5

Thanks - I'm going to get them. Agree 1 save and its worth it plus I will drive more comfortably knowing everything is ok.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #6

I'm just waiting to receive the Ram 3500 I ordered ... There's some debate whether the cab chassis dually will come with a tpms factory installed or not. If it does, I only need a 4-tire system. If not, I'll order a 10-tire system. Thanks for the additional info. My wife and I both agree on it's value.
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #7

I also have the TST. Think it is a 507RV but not sure. Have had it for 5 yrs. or more. Had to replace 1 of the sensors, but only because a dealer got too carried away with it and broke it where it screws on to the tire. I don't have the sensor that you can add air with it on the tire. They didn't offer it when I bought mine. One thing I like about it is I can replace the batteries in the sensor myself, and it will let me know when a battery is getting bad. It reads pressure and temp., and you can set high and low pressure alarm points. You can also cut out the trailer when unhooked, and add when you hook up. I have found out you are better off having metal valve stems. Have had where the sensors on rubber valve stems will add enough weight that the force of them spinning down the road will eventually cause the stem to break where it goes through the tire.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #8

I'm a believer in TPMS, I've got an older pressure pro system that's been through 4 different 5ers and two Ford trucks. The sensors don't have replaceable batteries but I've only had one sensor die since I installed them about 8 years ago. I'll probably go with the TST system when the pressure pro sensors die.

On an older 5th wheel I got a few low pressure warnings (the sensors alarm at 10% lower than set point) from a tire, I found a drywall screw in the tire. Without the sensors I would probably have a tire that blew up due to low pressure and overheating.

You may need to re-balance the tires with the sensors on, and I believe that the RW has aluminum or steel valve stems (they don't look like brass).
Old 06-04-2014, 02:33 AM   #9

I'v had the tst 510rv for about 4 yrs now. No need for the signal booster with my '11 ram mega cab and 38gk. I had used it on the previous 5th wheel and had all four of the sensors seize to the valve stems. So now i care a can of anti-seize to apply a tiny dab each time they come off.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:19 AM   #10
lwg

I just bought the Tireminder from Camping World. Have about 550 miles on it so far. I like it a lot. I went ahead and installed the signal booster as it came with it and is recommended. Put a switch inline to turn it off when not being used. I definitely have a little more piece of mind now.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #11

I am thinking the reason they specify brass or aluminum is to make sure you avoid rubber. Due to the high pressure on the RW I am sure they are full metal construction.