Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Site Team

Mor/Ryde. IS

We're sitting in the coach up on jacks as I write this . Coach is inside the service bays at the plant, new suspension is hung and Sergio is part way through the Kodiak brake install.
Can't say enough good things about the people here and the products they make. Everyone is knowledgeable, dedicated to what they do and can't do enough for you. I can't wait to tow the rig with the new suspension.

Col John and Sam just left, I'm waiting to talk to them later tonight to see what their thoughts are. I know his impressions are the same as mine - super people.

Only have my iPad with me for now, will post pictures when I get back next week. So far from everyone I've talked to, I think it will be the best money spent on the rig.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #2

Just curious, but how expensive is the Moride/Kodiac costing? Please let us know your impressions after the install.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #3

I'm interested as well.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:46 AM   #4

Don't have the time this summer, but it definitely something we are considering in the future.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #5

I was quoted $3,000 for 7k using my existing disc brakes.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Update on the IS

Left Mor/Ryde this afternoon. Took Sergio two full days to do the Disc brakes and the IS. For those of you that asked, it was $6100.00 installed for the 8k axles, Timken bearings, and Kodiak Disc Brakes.

My thoughts so far after about 250 miles today:

1. Best money I have spent on the coach. Braking is incredible and the ride from the coach and truck is unbelievably better. Going over railroad tracks and coming off bridge joints on the interstates is a non - event. When you go over tracks, you don't even feel it in the truck.

2. Overall ride with the coach on is now better than the truck alone. Except when pulling away from a stop or climbing a hill and the truck downshifts, you really have to remember and remind yourself that the coach is back there.

3. They found one of my spring hangers on the old suspension was cracked. Trailer seemed to tow fine but it was going to be a matter of time till I had a problem big time.

4. Stuff doesn't move around much. All of the things in the bathroom cabinet that used to fall over didn't and all of the glasses and stuff in the kitchen didn't either

Bottom line - if I ever replace the RW, the next coach will have this system before I take delivery. When we were at Mor/Ryde there were 6 DRV Mobile Suites there to have the alignment done. DRV puts the IS on at the factory

Hope this helps
Old 05-30-2014, 06:53 AM   #7

Vaughan - thanks for the update.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Update on the IS

Left Mor/Ryde this afternoon. Took Sergio two full days to do the Disc brakes and the IS. For those of you that asked, it was $6100.00 installed for the 8k axles, Timken bearings, and Kodiak Disc Brakes.

1. Best money I have spent on the coach. Braking is incredible and the ride from the coach and truck is unbelievably better. Going over railroad tracks and coming off bridge joints on the interstates is a non - event. When you go over tracks, you don't even feel it in the truck.

2. Overall ride with the coach on is now better than the truck alone. Except when pulling away from a stop or climbing a hill and the truck downshifts, you really have to remember and remind yourself that the coach is back there.

3. They found one of my spring hangers on the old suspension was cracked. Trailer seemed to tow fine but it was going to be a matter of time till I had a problem big time.

4. Stuff doesn't move around much. All of the things in the bathroom cabinet that used to fall over didn't and all of the glasses and stuff in the kitchen didn't either

Bottom line - if I ever replace the RW, the next coach will have this system before I take delivery. When we were at Mor/Ryde there were 6 DRV Mobile Suites there to have the alignment done. DRV puts the IS on at the factory

Hope this helps
Vaughn,

This is great information. Thanks for the update.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #9

Thanks Vaughan!

Heads up to everyone to check those spring hangers regularly. Lippert has just not figured out how to hang a spring yet. Plagued Keystone, and doesn't look like Redwood is immune either.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:40 AM   #10

Vaughn,
Glad that everything went well. It’s really to bad that Redwood would not offer this as a option. We’re going back to have the first year check done on our's on our way to the rally. ZERO troubles with our’s and there only 4 grease fitting to do. It was the BEST THING we did to our’s! Have you talked to John & Sam to see how they like theirs? I’ve always said I’ve taken a 7.0 Rolling Earthquake and with the MoR/ryde IS REDUCED it to a 3.0 aftershock. What did you think of the trains? LOL

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #11

Just a quick note to add to what has already been said. We did the IS/Disk upgrade on our Montana, and had IS added to the RW last spring.
The folks at Mor/ryde are super.
I really think we need to work on RW to make the IS an option. Just about every other higher end unit makes it an option, so why not RW?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #12

I would love to do this upgrade. It seems the roads aren't getting any better and just about any RV will get pounded going down the road these days.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #13

Did you get the oil bath hubs and 5/8 stud bolts like the DRV Mobil Suite has? I already have 17.5 H rated tires and rims, but they would probable have to be changed because I have 9/16" bolts now.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Update on the IS

Hope this helps
Did you get the oil bath hubs and 5/8 stud bolts like the DRV Mobil Suite has? I already have 17.5 H rated tires and rims, but they would probable have to be changed because I have 9/16" bolts now.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #15

http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/s...system-37.html
Old 08-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #16
Site Team

Considered the oil bath but decided against it on the advice of many knowledgeable people. Did spend the extra and use Timken bearings.
Can't help you on the stud question. I had G tires Nd didn't change anything there Q
Old 08-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #17

I'm sure hoping Redwood will add the Mor Ryde IS with 8k axles and disc brakes as an option. We will have it on our next rv either installed as an option from the factory or I take the rig to Mor Ryde and have it installed. The Mor Ryde box pin is a great option also.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper7 View Post
I'm sure hoping Redwood will add the Mor Ryde IS with 8k axles and disc brakes as an option. We will have it on our next rv either installed as an option from the factory or I take the rig to Mor Ryde and have it installed. The Mor Ryde box pin is a great option also.
We are getting the new lifetime roof in two weeks and just got the H rated 17.5 tires and rims last week, the Mor/ryde IS is next.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:40 AM   #19

The lifetime roof would be another great "Option" for Redwood to offer. If the customer wants it and is willing to pay for it, what does it matter to RW? Be an industry leader and not just what everybody else does.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #20

gee I heard a New Mexico dealer advertising on the radio that they offer a lifetime warranty on any unit you buy from them! Boy was that a big bite!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote