Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2022, 02:46 AM   #1
Site Team

Luxe

Does anyone know of someone who has a Luxe? I took the time today to look at a luxe and I was impressed. I知 going on a factory tour tomorrow. I guess tomorrow I値l also find out the pricing.

I知 trying to find a non biased opinion on their wear and tear. The face book page won稚 let anyone speak negatively about the rv

I did finally find a Riverstone and although they seemed put together well and there were some good features, not enough to cause a rush to the bank.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:18 PM   #2

Dave let us know what you find out. Sort of thought I heard somewhere that they were pushing $200K, and last I knew were very heavy, like over a 350/3500 Dually.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:11 PM   #3

Dave ,

Depends on the model your looking at , I would say that 70% of the luxx floor plans are ok to tow with a new 350/3500 duel wheel truck. Some of the floor plans call for est hitch weight of 4400lbs , that is still withing a reasonable margin for any new truck. My 2020 has a payload rating of 5250 lbs , a set of air bags will be needed at that weight. The triple axle will tow much smoother for sure!
Old 05-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #4
Site Team

After touring the Luxe factory, I’ll agree that they are well built and impressive. The 45 ft coaches were around $220-$240k and a little on the chubby side. This included custom paint and the independent suspension. I didn’t see anything that was done half way. Of course they were recommending one of their trucks but that was going to add $150k to the debt (5500 Ram). The coaches are well thought out and nicely done. They even have the goose hitch for better ride.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:10 PM   #5

Went through their plant in 2017. Impressive? Yes and no. LUXE boasted about their quality build, yet when I climbed up the ladder, I found between an 0.5 and 1.0 inch gap between the rear cap and roof which was filled with a Dicor product. In addition, there were two models where the transition of the slide and the floor were off. Sale rep said, "that was very unusual" Sure! They were solid and very beautiful on the interior as well as the exterior. Three things that kept us from purchasing: 1. Cost after trade-in. 2. Weight. 3. Warranty work if required. They're nice, but not that nice!
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote