Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #1

Jacks not retracting

I had a first last weekend. We were going to hook up and move to a new location in North Carolina. We brought all the slides in, no sweat. Raised the front jacks to hook up and went a little high. I hit the retract and went to retract the front a little bit. nothing happened. I could hear the solenoid click but no movement. Hit Auto level to start over and display said 'grounding jacks' but nothing happened. After 2 hours of , finally retracted everything manually. When we got to the new campground, unhooked and everything extended but none of the jacks would retract. I did not try auto-level again as I didn't think it would retract that way either. Any suggestions before I call out the repair guy?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #2

Call Lippert they will walk you thru the diagnosis. Mine did the same thing. Replaced the Trombetta Solenoid on the right side of battery compartment and the controller located at the very top center of the battery compartment.

On the Trombetta you can reverse spade jacks and jacks will retract. They need to be reversed again to get the jacks yo go down.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote