Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2016, 03:20 AM   #1

Flex-air VS MORryde rubber pin box

I'm headed to MORryde to get an 8K IS install and I'm thinking about changing my TrailAir out for the MORryde. Should I save up my money and get a Flex-air instead?
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:04 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I have looked at the MorRyde and even the cut apart show samples and personally think I like the FlexAir better. I have not tried the MorRyde so until I do I can not say which one is the better pin box. Every trailer and Hitch, truck setups are different.what works great on one may not be so good on the other
Old 08-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #3

They are two completely different pin boxes.

The Older Tri Glide gives you the Air Bag to cushion the up and down movement and the mechanical linkage glide plate on the pin gives back and forth movement (Chucking Control) Note: The Mechanical Linkage in the Glide Section is what has failed on a few units.

The New Flex Air gives you the Air Bag to cushion the up and down movement but no back and forth (Chucking Control) due to the rubber section has a large pin going through the Pin Box allowing only a rocking motion but no back and forth (Chucking Control)

The MorRyde does not have a Air Bag so there is no cushion for the up and down movement but the rubber section is on a slide mechanism which does give back and forth movement (Chucking Control)
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:28 AM   #4

I am on my way home from my first trip within the Flex Air.. Just under 2k miles and I think I now have it perfect.. What a good ride
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #5

Smile TrailAir and IS

Just picked up my 2015 38 RL from MORryde for my IS installation. We added air to the TrailAir, topped off the 16" G's at 110 psi and lowered my Reese 20K one notch. The coach now tows almost level.

Drove 190 miles into Ohio. So far the ride is superb!

My only problem was leveling at the park in Ohio. The IS has lifted the coach in the rear and the site was a little uphill. I had to add almost 3 inches until the Levelup would auto level. At the Rally the LCI guy told me the Levelup initially uses the axels to establish the level with the front jacks, so I assume the front jacks are starting a little higher and when the system tries to unload the wheels with the rear jacks they can't get high enough. The stacked jack pads solved the problem.

RW needs to add the IS as an option. I sure wish I had had the option when I ordered my 2015.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW Cal View Post
Just picked up my 2015 38 RL from MORryde for my IS installation. We added air to the TrailAir, topped off the 16" G's at 110 psi and lowered my Reese 20K one notch. The coach now tows almost level.

Drove 190 miles into Ohio. So far the ride is superb!

My only problem was leveling at the park in Ohio. The IS has lifted the coach in the rear and the site was a little uphill. I had to add almost 3 inches until the Levelup would auto level. At the Rally the LCI guy told me the Levelup initially uses the axels to establish the level with the front jacks, so I assume the front jacks are starting a little higher and when the system tries to unload the wheels with the rear jacks they can't get high enough. The stacked jack pads solved the problem.

RW needs to add the IS as an option. I sure wish I had had the option when I ordered my 2015.
When I got home from my IS install , I lowered the rear jacks by 2 holes that solved that issue and only took a few minutes
Old 08-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #7

Jacks

Thanks, FTG!
I was thinking that might be an approach. I'm glad you tried it first!
Old 08-11-2016, 03:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW Cal View Post
Thanks, FTG!
I was thinking that might be an approach. I'm glad you tried it first!

It was very easy , plenty of spare hose, and the bolts were new, so easy to remove...
I did it because when I first got home , with the rear higher ( 2" ) I was afraid of being out of stroke on the driveway...