Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #21
Site Team

I also added a triple trumpet air horn .......... now need a bigger air compressor ......
Old 05-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
Electric/Hydraulic Actuator Testing: Before and after testing showed that Neutral & Power wire Ga. need to be increased by 1 wire size on runs of 15 feet or more. Went from 12 Ga. to 10 Ga. resulting in improved response time from .4 sec. to .2 sec.
Ron
Correct me if i am wrong but this wire gauge increase is when the actuator is mounted by the axles is it not. Also did they test the difference in time from one mounted in the battery box as opposed to in back

Thanks
Old 05-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #23

Shane, Correct. The wire gauge increase only applies to wire runs of 15 ft. or more. 95% of the actuators will be place in the battery compartment or basement area. These are all within 15 ft and no changes in wire gauges are required.

Where I mounted the actuator, near the axles, created a voltage drop from 12.7v at the truck 7 way down to 10.2v at the actuator. This is the low end of where the actuator will properly operate. By increasing the wire size I now get 12.5v at the actuator which is at the high end of operating range.

Under optimal conditions the Titan pump will activate (250psi) at .3 seconds and at lower voltages can result in response time increases. In my case at 10.2v my response time was .4 seconds vs. .2 seconds at 12.5v.

You can check the voltage at your actuator by putting a voltmeter on the actuator White (Neutral) & Black (power) wires. Again 10.2v is on the low side.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #24

Ron,
There is a little write up on your disc brakes in the August issue of Trailer Life. Someone in Arizona put them on a Rw 36 RL , said it was quite an easy install. It's on page 6

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote