Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 05:57 AM   #1

Anderson Hitch Feedback

Just seeing how many Anderson Ultimate Fifith Wheel hitch users we have on here.

With the purchase of a new Redwood and Long Box DRW Ram I went with the Anderson. Really enjoyed how easily it pulled and getting it in and out of my truck bed. Additionally, when the dealer actually installed it incorrectly, I called Anderson, immediately spoke to a human on the call, and was transferred directly to the Nebraska sales and service rep. He gave me his direct cell, sent him a few photos, and had the problem resolved in no time. Give it up to Anderson!

And it's cheaper than a Companion or PullRite!!!
WarrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #2

I have one with a SB Ram and love it.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #3

Can Rota-Flex 5th Wheel Pin Box # UF35-946202 Be Used With Andersen Ultimate Adapter # AM3225

Question:
Question about the Ultra-Fab Rota-Flex 5th Wheel Pin Box with Rubber Bushings, part number UF35-946202...Can this pin box be used in conjunction with the Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Connection, part number AM3225? Thanks.

asked by: Mark M

Expert Reply:
The Rota-Flex 5th Wheel Pin Box # UF35-946202 that you referenced cannot be used with any type of goose neck adapter including the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Adapter # AM3225. We do offer replacement pin boxes for 5th wheels intended for goose neck towing applications, such as the two Reese Goose Box Air-Ride Couplers shown on the link provided. These are direct replacements for Lippert 1621 and 1716 5th wheel pin boxes and enable towing a 5th wheel with a goose neck hitch without the complications of an adapter.
expert reply by: Adam R

I also use the Anderson Ultimate Fifth Wheel adapter, but after reading this on E-trailers and Lippert's web site. I'm thinking I'm going to have to change set ups.

What do yo all think?
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #4

My dealer sold me on the Anderson. I had a PullRite glider but, as fate would have it, the Dodge truck can't take the PullRite. Then I found myself unable to move my old Montana since the Demco pin box was set up for the PullRite glider. After getting all that worked out, I pointed out that they should have actually checked to see if the Anderson that they sold me on would actually attach to the Redwood...which it would not. They swapped out my pinbox for free. But they put a box that has the back and forth cushion feature which is actually annoying with the Anderson because it is designed to pull without any chucking and shaking....anyway, the Andrrson is slick and definitely does what it says it does. And love the easy in and out. Personally I stuck with the steel because the hitch dealer I visited with has had problems with the new lightweight aluminum ones...but the steel is still lighter than a PullRite, Reese, or Companion.
WarrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #5

I have an Atwood flip up ball set up in my truck. A standard goose neck adapter would not work with the Redwood pin box. The BW companion would not work without their ball set up. Dealer told me this Anderson set up was the only option I had unless I wanted to cut out and remove my Atwood set up leaving a big 12"x12" hole in the bed.
The Atwood does hook up nicely, but does not pull very well with the roto flex pin box.

Still trying to figure out the best option for short moves until we can upgrade truck and hitch assy.
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:46 PM   #6

I need to get a new Hitch this year before camping season. I am really considering the Anderson 3200 Ultimate Hitch. I was curious if any one has used the Hitch with the Trail air pin box? I have the newer version of the Trail air that does not have the grease fitting or sliding plate. I would think this would be acceptable but looking for any input that you may have.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:17 PM   #7

Been using the Anderson for 4 years with a trail Air and had not had any issues. Have the block set so the pin is in front of the ball. That allows us to run 45-50 psi in the bag. Turn the block so the pin is behind and we had to run 90 psi in the bag to keep the lower jaw level. That makes for a rough ride.

Rick
Old 11-27-2018, 06:23 PM   #8

I have been using the Andersen with the Flex-Air Pin box on my 2017 36RL. In order to use the Andersen you must (should) use the optional Andersen lock-out kit for either of LCI's Flex-Air Pin Box or the Rota-Flex Pin Box. This lock-out kit restricts the back/forth movement of the Flex-Air rubber cushion since the Andersen uses a ball mount without any back/forth tilt restrictions as in other hitches. Here is the info on the Anderson lockout kit https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-Ulti.../dp/B06XS1D7GD

I also agree that the Flex-Air Pin Box works far better with the king pin in front of the ball mount as GTXRAS indicated previously.