Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #1

Couple of questions. I normally have DirectTV in my RE unit. This trip I did not bring receivers since I knew we would have cable. I am having trouble hooking up cable. Do I just attach cable wire to cable connector at my outside station? If so, do I need to move my connection on the front TV to the antennae connector, or do I keep it connected to the satellite connector as I do for Direct? I know when DirectTV hooked up my back tv set, they ran the satellite wire through the cable tv connector at my outside station. I realize that this is confusing, but if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #2

When using cable we connected the coax to the cable connection in the external convenience centre. We also have to ensure the antenna booster is turned off.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #3

When you switch to cable, you have to select "setup" or an equivalent on the TV remote. On our Toshiba, we then select input or something like that where you have to select "cable". then you have to select program channels. You have to do this each time you change campgrounds, On our Magnavox in the bedroom, we just select program channels on the setup menu. It gives you the choice of cable or antenna and then programs the channels. Just be sure yuor antenna booster is off (green light is out).
Old 10-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #4

On our setup, the direct goes from the receiver to the TV through a HDMI cable and the TV input is set to the HEMI 2 input. . When we go from Direct to antenna or cable we have to change the TV Input from the HDMI input to the Cable input.