Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2020, 12:32 AM   #1

Been a long time....

Hi everyone it has been a very long time since I have been to the sight and will be hanging out here more often again. Went through a very costly divorce and this month will pay off my 38GK in a few weeks, first big step in getting to retire over the next year. I am pretty much set up and will be vacating TX for South Dakota domicile. Now would like to get a few things taken care of next Spring which I believe I will take it back to the factory service center. I have a soft spot in the roof that starts between the ladder and the outer edge on the back left corner. Has anyone had this problem or heard anything of this happening? Also how is the factory service center to deal with when having them fix this problem? I have maintained this rig regularly and had many in the past 40 years, this being the first time I have ever had something like this happen. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

HDT 1999 Volvo VNL610 12.7 Detroit 10 Spd Eaton Manual trans. 430 HP, 1500 pounds of torque,
"The Beast" (retired) 2003 Dodge 3500
2014 RW 38GK14, solar panels with MPPT controller, Progressive surge guard, 2 group 31 AGM batteries, Morryde SLR4000, Titan disc brakes,
Tom's38GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Tom. Good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about the divorce but I can empathize. Been there, done that. Nuff said.

To my knowledge the factory service center only does warranty work. If I were you, I would find an authorized RV Roof Armor center and have them redo the roof and repair it. Then you’ve got something you never have to mess with again. I’m sure some of the others that have had it done will add more.

When I get to the point I need a roof, that’s the route I’m going.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:02 PM   #3

Had the same problem sevetsl years ago. Turned out leaking air conditioning caused problem. Solution new roof. Good luck.
chrlie010205 is offline   Reply With Quote