Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #1

If anyone is looking for a viewing fix on there bedroom TV instead of buying a tilting mount here it is.
I shimmed the top of the mount 1 inch with a plastic washers or you could us a piece of wood and used a 2" screw. On the bottom I used a 1 1/2 inch screw. I reused the existing screw holes. When reinstalling the tv the top edge will stick out on the top. Now your viewing is not shadowed when laying down in bed. Nice and crisp edges.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Site Team

I have been wondering how the bedroom TV is mounted. Would like to have a mount that would not only tilt but be easily removable for use outside of the coach. Anyone know of a mount that would do this??
Blenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #3

If you just shim out the very top part of the factory mount it tips the TV out and to get it out all you have to do is lift up the TV and unplug and unhook the cable/Satellite cable and move to the next destination.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #4

We installed a flat screen and dvd player to dads tool box. Works great and safe. This was my dads tool of choice
Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
If anyone is looking for a viewing fix on there bedroom TV instead of buying a tilting mount here it is.
I shimmed the top of the mount 1 inch with a plastic washers or you could us a piece of wood and used a 2" screw. On the bottom I used a 1 1/2 inch screw. I reused the existing screw holes. When reinstalling the tv the top edge will stick out on the top. Now your viewing is not shadowed when laying down in bed. Nice and crisp edges.
Do you have any pictures? I watch TV in the bedroom at night a lot and have difficulty seeing dark pictures due to the angle of the screen. I would like to tilt it a little bit but cannnot figure out how to tilt the mount holder in the enclosure and still be able to get the TV back on it. We have had it out twice when we first got the rig as the cable and satellite wires were not connected. We had to lift the TV up and the top of the TV went under the top of the enclosure and into a recess. It scraped the top front of the TV as it is a tight fit. If we shim the mount that is on the wall of the enclosure I don't see how we can tuck the TV back under this recessed edge to put it back on the mount. Appreciate the help and suggestions. And no, not watching TV in the bedroom wouldn't work!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #6

I installed a tilting mount that I purchased from Walmart, works great and is easy to mount and dismount
Old 10-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #7

micwxt
Here are a couple pic's of what I did. It cost me about $1. There is plenty of room to lift tv out as you see. The only other thing you might need to do is add longer wood screws. You can also re level and adjust the height if you need to. Hope this helps for a visual.

</center> " border="">

Old 10-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Dan

UNDRPSI nice work, simple and effective

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
Site Team

Ok Chuck that looks pretty good! Now I need you to design one of your pressurized systems that would allow my lovely subservient wife (this is a joke folks) could send a beer out to the campfire without opening the door. Being the good husband that I am....I want to make it as easy as possible for her so I don't interrupt all her daily chores like cooking and cleaning.

I earn my husband of the year award