Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

Kitchner
Good way to start the anything topic.Â*Â* When did you order your unit?
At the tornto show. Bought it. 36fl
Old 04-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #142
Dan

Was talking with the dealer the other day and he mentioned two things, one that Redwood is looking at thepossibilityof building an even higher end unit, that kindapuzzledme, not sure what else youcouldget except a butler and maid. the second he asked me if I heard from anyone withconcernswith the paint, this is their 3rd year selling Redwoods and he mentioned that he has had lots of problems from other manufacturesespeciallycarriage

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #143

we had paint issues but our dealer fixed them asap. All very cosmetic and easy to fix
Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #144

Have not seen many issues with our paint yet we just picked ours up Friday so we have not had much of a chance to really look it over.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #145

look around all of the the storage doors, and the space above the windows to the roof seam, check the back from the bottom of the window to the bottom of the coach, check the corners on all of the slide outs for fit and finish
Old 04-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #146
Dan

Dave, Ginny

Sure like the looks of your new rig just plan awesome!!! How do you like your slide awning?

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #147

Just got back from shakedown trip last week. We traveled the last leg from DCin the rain with that storm on our heels! Here are six impressions about bad weather and towing with an RL.
First, people have commented about the slide awnings. They'renotnoisy. They're hardly noticeable - even in moderate wind.
Second,the slide awnings dumped their water and retracted without issue. Inside, the slide roomswere completely dry. The "gutter extentions" worked well too.
Third, despite how they look, the G614s were fine in the rain - even around curves and cruising at 60+ with the trucks. Not even a hint of "getting loose" in wet weather.
Forth, the disk brakes applied smoothly on wet roads and didn't lock the tires while slowing down on ramps, tolls,traffic jams, etc.
Fifth, no leaks anywhere - even after traveling at highway speeds in heavy rain (even where I mounted the new Satellite dish - yeah!)
Sixth, when it's dry or when it's wet,the Redwood tows remarkablystable -you almost have to keep checking the mirrors to make sure it's still there.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #148

Hi. Any one have the Banks hand held programmer? I have an 08 GMC 3500 hd and am thinking of getting one. Any help out there? Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #149

Anyone heard from RollsRoyce and how they are doing with their new unit?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #150

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Hey Kerry and Jere

We picked up our "Mansion on Wheels" Wednesday about 11 am but it wasn't quite ready they were still installing 2 identical Interstate batteries and some minor work on the exterior (there was some silicone smears on the paint that looked like bad paint. So we went to a nearby Mexican restaurant where to our surprise we found our salesman and a sales manager chowing down...When theyleft the waitress came buy our table and said they had paid for our lunch and her tip...Now I call that pretty cool....After a relaxin delicious FREEEE meal we returned to the dealer and loaded her up....The new adapter was perfect for our slider..We were on our way about 5 miles to Mill Creek RV Ranch where we spent a coulpe calm days and nights also "free" from Explore USA of Canton/Wills Point TX ...We wanted to stay some place close to check out our unit before Returning to Ft. Worth area....Dad burnit I forgot to take the beer and and this was a dry county...Had to settle for tea and Dr. Pepper...First night she read as much of the literature we received and I went fishing about 100 feet from our space..I had for gotten to take my equipment and we needed a few grocery items so we went to Wal-Mart where we shopped and I bought a $20.00 rod and real and went back to fish till after dark...Man was that fun I caught about 40 brim, sunch perch, and buffalo. Perfect for this kind of fishing, but I also had my line broken and hooks broken of by 5 catfish that were ove 10 lbs and 1 big mouth bass must have been in the 8 lb bracket didn't catch any of them but gottem close enough to get a really good look...never had a chance to sit down as fast as cast out I 'd be draggin 1 in or putting on new hooks....Was fun but quit ater dark and cranked up fire for the Rib Eyes ...Man does the Convection Microwave cook taters fast......

Hit the hay early.....Took shower and found as most of you the shower leaks at both bottom corners ..not sealed well and no seal all along the shower where the door slides back and forth in the aluminum slots between the slots and the base of the aluminum and tub. (Full 5' tub and nice size seat for my tired but while I showered.....Used the washer this morning found to be spraying water behind the unit but couldn't find the leak. Too far down in the back...Shut down immediately...,The 2nd night we heard the popping from the left front jack about every 20 minutes till fell asleep......Didn't hear it this a.m. So our trip was successful as the AC's were great and cooled off really fast especiall for 91 degree temp at arrival...Ice maker , fridge, stove and oven
TV's , Blue Ray and everythingelse worked fantastically including all 3 fantastic fans and the window assemblys.........Dropped off the unit at the Dealer about noon and they said they'd GETTER DONE and were very apologetic......That's what this trip was all about and I told them to take their time and do it right and I'd pick her up whenever they called.....Actually if they do it well we will be extremely happy....Well now for chaper 2...Just kiddin I actually hope this is helpful for some...Seems as though same reocurring problems from factory even though everything is supposed to be checked out thouroughly the last week before delivery.

RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #151

Great story Royce.. I'm glad everything went so well for you guys.
I may pick you brain for good campgrounds next winter. We will be in Mesquite Tx. to have our annual done on our 36FL then head south west.
Enjoy your new travel home... we are sure enjoying ours.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #152

TravelinAnderson

Pick all you want to, we'd be happy to help...We'd be happy to help maybe even meet up with you...That place we stayed the last couple of days Mill Creek Ranch Resort is on the internet....It's a really nice place...I'm sure you could tell the ponds here are well stocked and decent size catfish and bass. If you play golf there is a really super nice one real close the resort. stanley1446@sbc global.net
RW36FB
Old 04-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #153

Sounds like a plan.. Thanks Royce
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #154

Royce, We will be back to Explore on Thursday for install of ordered parts. We plan to go on up to Trader's Village for the weekend. Hopefully we can hook up with you and the wife this time.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #155

hellokitty
Another spammer advertising?
Edited by: d-man31
d-man31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #156

Kerry & Jere

Sounds like a plan...You've got our number and e-mail and RW private message area..Just give us a call!
RW36FB
Old 04-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #157

for those of you with the gen. what gen did you end up with. it is supose to be the marquis gold. ours does not say or look like the gold.

lillyputz
Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #158

anyone have a problem with the ceiling fan hitting the table slide when bringing it in on the 36 re.

lillyputs
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #159

anyone find there batt conectors on there buss panel come apart or the other conectors loose in there crimps.

lillyputz
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #160

anyone have level system leaks, after repairs.

lillyputz