Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
Quote:
I think you must have the same salesman as I do. Doesn't it just flat piss you off!
It's not the salesman. it's the factory rep.

lillyputz
No it isn't it is the salesman I usually have to call the factory rep to get the answer to my questions. The rep has the answers right when I ask the question. When talking to my salesman he repeatedly tells me that I know more about the Redwoods than he does. When I call asking for information such as what size is the awning, he tells me he has one on the lot and will go measure it and call me back, but that call never comes. This is just one instance. Like I said in a earlier post the dealership has been great and so has the factory rep, but my salesman falls way short.
I have been asking the factory rep theses and otherquestion. not the salesman.

Lillyputz
Old 04-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #62

Checking on lineabout the popping noise in the hydraulic system.according to the web. it's either air getting into the system or there is moisture present. either way the popping is not normal and there is a problem. one of the questions I asked over a week ago, still no response.

Lillyputz
Old 04-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #63

Redwood did not make the hydraulic jacks I would be talking to Lippert about that problem.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #64

Quote:
Redwood did not make the hydraulic jacks I would be talking to Lippert about that problem.
I did not buy the redwood fromlippert so why would I be asking them about the problem. Redwood needs to step up to the plate and find out about problems or questions about there product and respond to them with solutions.

Lillyputz
Old 04-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #65
Dan

Quote:
Quote:
I did not buy the redwood fromlippert so why would I be asking them about the problem. Redwood needs to step up to the plate and find out about problems or questions about there product and respond to them with solutions.

Lillyputz

Amen

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #66

All the above conversations are buzzing around in my head�did I make the mistake of my life in this purchase. Fourteen years ago we purchased a very expensive MH. Very few problems to this day. First thing we did was find a local person who could fix any problem and be covered by the factory. It's still ticking and will be gone as soon as our 36RL comes in. We have had to ask all our questions two or three times to get an answer. Plus the factory rep Andy seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. (I hope only on vacation) our dealer seems to have one person who knows something but to neglect your questions makes me feel like they just want all your money plus more when they can get it. Nickle dime, nickle dime. Apparently they don't understand the investment to us. Boomers unit! There has to be a way to get some results. ENUFFF Soap Box!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
All the above conversations are buzzing around in my head�did I make the mistake of my life in this purchase. Fourteen years ago we purchased a very expensive MH. Very few problems to this day. First thing we did was find a local person who could fix any problem and be covered by the factory. It's still ticking and will be gone as soon as our 36RL comes in. We have had to ask all our questions two or three times to get an answer. Plus the factory rep Andy seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. (I hope only on vacation) our dealer seems to have one person who knows something but to neglect your questions makes me feel like they just want all your money plus more when they can get it. Nickle dime, nickle dime. Apparently they don't understand the investment to us. Boomers unit! There has to be a way to get some results. ENUFFF Soap Box!
What Redwood needs to understand is that most of us that have or will be purchasing one of there units, have been around the RV industry for a while. most of us are picky about the product, because of problems in the past with other units and the BS from salesman and the reps to pacify us, as a consumer. I for one , makes me very concerned about not getting a straight answer or no answer at all. I will look closer, to make sure everything is as perfect as can be.

Lillyputz
Old 04-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #68
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home

I know that Andy is out of the country and I think he'll be back on Monday. I think a lot of the problems arebecause ofdealers, due to lack of either information or knowledge. Andy has his work cut out for him teaching the dealers. Whenever I've gotten a hold of Andy I've always gotten a straight answer.

I get my trailer this week and although you don't know me ...anybody that does will tell you I'm a very straight forward person. If my trailer is junk....I'll tell you it's junk! I'm not PC and tend to be blunt. With that said I have faith in these trailers so far although there will be growing pains when buying a trailer that is rather new on the production side of things. I'm very fortunate because I could have bought any trailer made but I decided on Redwood.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #69

Whatever this is worth, my wife and I purchased a Redwood based on what we saw at the Tampa RV show. Our coach was delivered to us with some minor cosmetic paint issues, cosmetic cabinetry finish issues, and one major flaw, the factory forgot to install our dishwasher. However, our dealer, Lazydays, jumped on all of the issues we found and quickly and professionaly fixed all to our satisfaction. They gave this old logistician an opportunity to inspect and did I ever. I found a review list on line - Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) Checklist at www.rvlifestyle.net. Great tool to have when inspecting your new 5th wheel coach. Crawl underneath, go on the roof, check around the storage doors and above the windows near the roofline for paint issues. I "inspected" the coach and found some issues but none that were not easily fixable. Think of purchasing a new home and having a punch list from the general contractor, this is the same process. Your dealer should provide you the professional service and information you need if your dealer doesn't then report them to Redwood as well as the better business bureau and also inform this forum so future buyers can be appraised of what dealerships not to use. We are extremely happy with Lazy Days and would recommend them to anyone, especially our salesman, Jerry Martin. If anyone would like to discuss our process please give me a call 9044955739
Thanks
Old 04-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #70
Dan

As this is an anything topic did i read some where some one hadconcernthat the coach door could swing open and slam in to the nice paint job. So if this is true then i would assume there is no "gas strut" or chain or some sort of stopmechanismto prevent damage??? If this is indeed the case I willpursuehaving the a gas strut installed ambe at the factory. Has anyone else heard or know first hand of this potential problem??

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
As this is an anything topic did i read some where some one hadconcernthat the coach door could swing open and slam in to the nice paint job. So if this is true then i would assume there is no "gas strut" or chain or some sort of stopmechanismto prevent damage??? If this is indeed the case I willpursuehaving the a gas strut installed ambe at the factory. Has anyone else heard or know first hand of this potential problem??

This was another question I had for the factory rep (Doug) and still no answer.

Lillyputz
Old 04-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #72

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan

This was another question I had for the factory rep (Doug) and still no answer.

Lillyputz
If I can't get answers now, what will it be like, IF I TAKE DELIVERY and then there is a problem.

Lillyputz
Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #73

Being this is an anything topic it amazes me how some people are difficult to satisfy, first they attack the product but yet they purchase one anyway then they attack the people that may have answers for them then they want to argue with people. If the factory had anyone reading any of this negativity I could understand why some questions go unanswered.
I myself am very happy I purchased a Redwood RV product and I find the company very accommodating to our requests, we are very excited to be one of the first few owners and are very willing to help the company with any word of mouth advertising but the rig will speak for itself of the quality that has.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #74

Bryan... your said it! My RL was almost perfect and I predict those of you who take delivery shortly will be amazed and singing the praises of the company. Spotless delivery, quality workmanship, thoughtful engineering, almost nothing on the PDI.People are just getting anxious and crabby. Your patience will be rewarded and the rig really will speak for itself...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #75

I have to agree with the positive comments. I've had nothing but good experiences with Redwood and the dealership. Any issues were quickly and professionally addressed at the dealership before we left the lot or through Brian Emmons after we were on the road.
Example. I didn't think the convection/microwave was getting up to temperature. My dealer is in Dallas and I was in Daytona Beach. I authorization to have a tech to come to me at the RV park to check the unit. The next day he was back with a new control board and thermistor. No charge to me whatsoever.
Will you have something go wrong with your new Redwood?? Of course you will. You would no matter what brand of RV you buy. But don't think Redwood will leave you on your own if/when you do.
Personally, I like to look into problems myself before calling the dealer or Redwood. If I have a problem with a supplier's component, I call the supplier to get their input and instruction. Then, if I can't fix it myself, I contact the dealer armed with information that will save us both time.
Relax and enjoy your new travel home.. I sure am

Days camped in 2012? ALL of them!!

Edited by: TravelinAnderson
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #76
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
I have to agree with the positive comments. I've had nothing but good experiences with Redwood and the dealership. Any issues were quickly and professionally addressed at the dealership before we left the lot or through Brian Emmons after we were on the road.
Example. I didn't think the convection/microwave was getting up to temperature. My dealer is in Dallas and I was in Daytona Beach. I authorization to have a tech to come to me at the RV park to check the unit. The next day he was back with a new control board and thermistor. No charge to me whatsoever.
Will you have something go wrong with your new Redwood?? Of course you will. You would no matter what brand of RV you buy. But don't think Redwood will leave you on your own if/when you do.
Personally, I like to look into problems myself before calling the dealer or Redwood. If I have a problem with a supplier's component, I call the supplier to get their input and instruction. Then, if I can't fix it myself, I contact the dealer armed with information that will save us both time.

I like your attitude!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #77

Quote:
Will you have something go wrong with your new Redwood?? Of course you will. You would no matter what brand of RV you buy. But don't think Redwood will leave you on your own if/when you do.Â*

Steve you said alot of what I was trying to say Thank you.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #78
Site Team

I think we're all a little excited about our trailers and start second guessing if we made the right choice. There's always going to be little adjustments on anything we buy so I wouldn't get too worried about something as little as a door stop. Hell a little piece of rubber will protect the paint, so it's no big deal.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #79

As for the door question.I have two doors. One has a gas strut on it, the other one doesn't. It does however have a door holder so when I open the rear door I fasten it to the holder and it stays put.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #80
Site Team

Quote:
As for the door question.I have two doors. One has a gas strut on it, the other one doesn't. It does however have a door holder so when I open the rear door I fasten it to the holder and it stays put.

Problem solved! Next issue?