Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #21
S&K

We just use a heavy duty "yellow" extension cord to run the fridge before departure.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #22
Site Team

I picked up a 50a to 15a adapter on Amazon. Think it was about $35.00 or so. I use that all the time when the coach is at the house with a heavy duty outdoor extension cord. A regular 15 a outlet should give you more than enough power to the coach for the converter and the fridge.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #23
TnB

You should be able to run your RV (less the AC, microwave or electric heaters) off a 15 amp circuit. I ran the frig and the furnace on my SOB for years. Check that you haven't left any of these circuits on when you removed unhooked your power before.

Reset the GFI at the outlet. If it trips again, without tripping the storage area fuse box, it would indicate a grounding problem. If it trips the fuse box circuit, it is too much current.

If you are sharing the storage area circuit with other RVs, the sum of all the RVs on the same circuit could be the problem.

You might want to use only the propane option on the refrig. The current draw while on propane is very low. At least your refrig will be cold.
2015 RW 36FB w/GY 114 "H" tires, disc brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide, Furrion wireless backup camera
TnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #24
S&K

In the Redwood owners manual, there is a section on how to torque the wheels. There are two sets of numbers in the manual, but can't remember which one we did! 110-120 or 140-150 are the two ranges they give.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #25

As others have said,
turn off EVERYTHING else except including the fridge
and use step down cord adapters to get to the correct plug type..
I carry a 50 female to 30 male and a 30 female to 15 male for all occasions

At the storage area I have a heavy duty 15 amp cord from the wall to a 15 female to 50 amp female adapter
and at home I have two 50 amp extension cords (since I have to go from the street to our 90 foot setback) AND 2 30 amp extensions to my 15 amp adapter

turn on just the fridge and you should be good...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #26

Hi Arctic Man...We will arrive in Williams Saturday April 18th. This trip is a "bucket list" event. We're traveling with a fellow Houstonian and he and his wife are pulling a big Landmark, and staying @ Grand Canyon Railway RV park in Williams. The park at the South Rim was booked hard so nothing available. You might check that one out and if you plan right, this is the one I'd stay in given the choice. Book early though.....Looks prettier than the one in Williams but we planned too late. If you go, you will need what you probably already have meaning jack pads, and the ramp/support for your sewer hose. Most of us already have that, but they specify so just passing it along. The pads are needed on the asphalt surfaces, so you don't sink down. We are expecting to do the train trip from Williams up to the S.Rim one day or maybe even a "Pink Jeep" sunset tour to enjoy the many color changes to the canyon at that time. If you do the train trip and have the budget for it, book the "Parlor Class" ticket on the train. It's the last car in the string and has private server, and the car has the outside landing on the rear of the car, (what you used to see presidential candidates standing on as they pulled away doing campaign swings.....so go ahead and be presidential... you can walk out and really see the scenery around you while you sip your favorite adult beverage. It's furnishings kind of reminded me of the old car that "Jim West" and "Artemus Gordon" used to travel around in from the series Wild Wild West so many years ago......if you are old enough to remember....har! From Williams, we go South to Camp Verde (on way to Phoenix via hwy. 17). Staying at Distant Drums resort in C.Verde. Expecting to sample Sedona one day, hit Slick Rock park one day (has a natural water slide), a round of golf near Sedona, some shopping in Sedona, maybe an ATV tour, and there are some really cool swimming holes with waterfalls and such near C.Verde. Some are easy walking distance from parking and some are more of a distance walk, so think about that as you check those out. Google best swimming holes in Arizona. There are some really cool spots if you like that sort of thing. We will take a picnic lunch in with us and do some photo ops. There is also a C.Verde Canyon railroad trip as well, but it doesn't go to the Canyon. It is about a 2hour trip up and 2 hour trip back to the depot and follows along the river, so pretty nice it looks like. Cheaper than the one up North. Then.....we wake up with the chickens when we depart on Saturday the 25th and do the turn and burn for good ol' Houston to hopefully make it back home Sunday evening. Wish we didn't have to do 2 day marathon, but trying to wring out all we can with time allowed. Guessing I'll park and not want to look at the rig for a while after that, but oh well....at least I hope to have some good memories to rub on my back and rear end. I only mention where we are going and when in case any other Redwood owners are in that area then. Love to meet some. Until then or when.....

Stoker
Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #27

Stoker, not knowing how long this assignment is going to last, it is going to make it hard to plan and reserve spots. Thank you for the information. Most of the people I travel with think my landing pads are a little excessive. 2 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood 2' x 2' then 3- 4" x 4"x 2' laid side by side on top of that. This is the only thing I found in FL that would keep my rig from sinking so I have stayed with it.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:54 AM   #28
Dan

stoker
To bad you didn't have time to do the rest of the area:
Lake Powell (near Page, AZ)
Monument Valley, UT
Moab (Canyonlands and Arches National Park)
Capitol Reef National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Zion National Park

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote