Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 05:09 AM   #41

OK I gotta bring this thread back. Titan guy, you are one good person I would be proud to meet one day. Now my review on the ptg plus

It is solely the best in my opinion and in my waste size now. My wife has only one word to sum it up. But she is still licking the sauce off her fingers from perfecting the perfect ribs. We have now smoked, grilled, but not burned any thing yet we have been at 5 different parks and yes it draws a great crowd. It has its flaws but every time I smoke a rib eye or throw a slab of ribs on the little thing, it just makes it worth the head scratching and cussing and still 6 beers later I find my dw wiping it down and polishing it up for another round of battle. We have gone through a lot of different grills, some bad and some good, but this one is and will be our go to unit to use. Again, one day I will run into the one who talked me into pulling out my wallet and giving this a try and we will have a cook off and a good drink together on my expense to say thanks one of the days.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #42

Better add KenA to the cook off. He has the PTG+, the one with the digital thermostat. He was parked next to me at the Rally, I gave him a couple of ribs, he gave me a couple of smoked chicken wings. No comparison he won round 1. I tried the smoked chicken wings and while they were very good, they were not up to KenA's level. I have PM's him hoping he will give up his secrets.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:15 AM   #43

Sounds like a plan to me. I got a pretty good jerk chicken recipe I would like to put up against them. It's good to be challenged
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:05 AM   #44

Good Pork wins every time ... Just sayin!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:16 AM   #45

I agree blue dogs, pork ribs are my all time comfort food when I get the chance to pick some up to smoke