Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #1

Overnight Parking?

Anyone using The website "overnightrvparking.com"? If so, how has your experience been?
Old 03-07-2017, 11:56 PM   #2

I always stay in one of the fuel truck stops or rest areas. Most all the truck stops have areas for RVs and if not I park with the truckers. Youcan get a decent meal and 95% a clean hot shower. I've never had a problem and feel safer there than a Wallmart.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:07 AM   #3

Wayne...not that I want to be confrontational, but.... truck stops are for professional truckers. Given the amount of freight that travels our roadways and the limited number of truck stops available for that freight, these men and women need all of the parking places they can get. PLEASE, if you are an RVer, use a campground or other location that is not designated for the professional driver.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Wayne...not that I want to be confrontational, but.... truck stops are for professional truckers. Given the amount of freight that travels our roadways and the limited number of truck stops available for that freight, these men and women need all of the parking places they can get. PLEASE, if you are an RVer, use a campground or other location that is not designated for the professional driver.

I used to have no issues with staying at a truck stop.... NOW that has changed... with the new Federal H.O.S rules, the drivers have more down time. I have noticed a huge uptick in the amount of trucks in the stops since then.

Glad i am not driving the road anymore!!
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #5

Actually to the point that there is an APP that allows Truckers to reserve a parking spot at some of the truck stops.
We have used Wally World a few times, but prefer to find a PassPort America park if we can. We have stayed for as little as $10.00 for a 50 amp site. Granted some aren't the greatest, but for a quick overnite we're just looking for a place off the road to get a good nites sleep.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #6
Site Team

Flying J has spaces reserved for RVs and we use them this time of year when a lot of the camp grounds are still closed for winter. We've also used the walmarts without an issue.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbetravlin View Post
Anyone using The website "overnightrvparking.com"? If so, how has your experience been?
Haven't used that one... we use AllStays and Freecampsites.net.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote