Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkracht View Post
Can anyone tell me how to start a new thread? I am new and I don't know how to ask a question. Obviously, I figured out how to answer a thread but not how to cart my own or to ask a question. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Go to the home page, open up a category you like your thread to appear in and near the top on the left hand side, there is a button to start a new topic.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #22

We are in a similar situation as well, no light in the entry area due to the fact we face north east and behind a mountain (our choice of site). I am thinking about adding a frosted glass window, but haven't found one I like. That area is so dark, almost cave like. I'm going to discuss a solution with my RV tech in April and will let you know. There must be a solution that doesn't look like a big doughnut glued to your door.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:41 AM   #23

OK, a question: You don't lock the outside door open??
That's generally the first thing we do in the morning to let in more light. Our lot is East/West, so our door faces North.
Now if you don't want to open the outside door because you're running the AC, then you need to cut some plex-a-glass to fit into the screen door. That allows us to have the outside door open and still keep the AC cooled air in when running the ACs
Since we're seasonal and pay our own electric, we limit the AC use and rely on a couple of fans and removing the plex-a-glass from the screen door.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:10 AM   #24

Thanks for the suggestion Ann and Michelle. We also pay for our own electricity $$$$$$. We do leave the door open in the morning during the summer. We're in Ct and start camping April 1st and end Oct 31st. Both ends of the season are cold and the door is closed. Hence our cave area. Will think about the plexi approach.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #25

A small pillow placed on the floor in front of the pantry door before closing slides works perfect every time.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
A small pillow placed on the floor in front of the pantry door before closing slides works perfect every time.
good idea - can use the one from the couch since it gets hung up in the curb side slide regularly
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #27
Site Team

I have found this to be the best solution for the pantry door

Old 02-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #28

Instead of individual latches on drawers, I took a 8' 1x2 and cut it so it would sit upright on the pantry floor, and fit in behind the upper and lower pantry frame. I than took two small slide latches and mounted them on the upper and lower part of the 1x2 facing so that when closed they would fit into the upper and lower part of the pantry frame and drilled a hole in each so that the pins could be closed and locked and hold the board upright in place. I than bought a package of the 3 ft. foam pipe insulation that would fit around the board, and than stapled in place. When not in use, I lay it on the floor in the front closet out of the way. Took about $5.00 of supplies, about 30 minutes to build,and a couple minutes to put in place or remove. With the foam on the board, it holds the drawers in place with no opportunity to move, and has held the drawers so the door stays shut through thousands of miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0280 (480x640).jpg (55.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #29

Sorry, got the picture upside down.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame View Post
Sorry, got the picture upside down.
I was going to say - you should put the wheels of the rig facing down instead of up, tows better
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:03 AM   #31
Traveling

Packing The Fridge

these are all great suggestions for the pantry. What about the residential refrigerator? We have had lots of experience traveling with the Norcold refrigerato in our previous RVs. Many times opening the door and get the beer can avalanche.I was thinking that when we travel maybe it would be a good idea to use small Sterilite containers to stack refrigerated items in so they don't move around inside of the refrigerator. What do you guys do? I would love to hear some creative ideas for securing the refrigerator contents.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #32
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
these are all great suggestions for the pantry. What about the residential refrigerator? We have had lots of experience traveling with the Norcold refrigerato in our previous RVs. Many times opening the door and get the beer can avalanche.I was thinking that when we travel maybe it would be a good idea to use small Sterilite containers to stack refrigerated items in so they don't move around inside of the refrigerator. What do you guys do? I would love to hear some creative ideas for securing the refrigerator contents.
I hate to admit that I frequent Pinterest on occasion. There are a few helpful pins on RV's that I've found. One for organizing the fridge:

http://www.jenthousandwords.com/2008...anisation.html

I may keep this in mind when I finally stock mine. I also did buy some rods online from Amazon for both the fridge and cupboard area. I know the Residential is much wider, so the bins may work out better for you.

Shelley

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #33

The other half organizes the contents of the refrigerator before we head out and uses the spring loaded expandable rods to hold things in place.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #34

Since we've changed to the Mor/ryde IS we don't have any where near as much movement in our RW. We still have some of the spring bars, but no longer use them in the fridge, about the only place they're used is in the one cabinet above the Tele where the Hard Stuff (adult beverages) are stored.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSFreedom View Post
Have others had the problem of the drawers banging into the pantry door? Great fix. Marcia
First, I'm going to try a pair of bungee cords stretched floor to ceiling over the ends of the drawers, fastened to eye-screws top and bottom. The tension should keep the drawers from pushing out and banging the door. If it doesn't, I'll go this route. Very nice solution.
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36re, cooking, kitchen, packing