Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #1

Home from Florida again

Well we made it back to Pennsylvana from our winter location in Florida, Now Redwood is sitting at Grumbines RV in Harrisburg, PA getting an issue fixed. not sure how long they will have it but we are really missing it! Cost to pull to Haines City FL for fuel down was $450.00, cost to come home $538.00 in fuel. I am very happy with truck and rv overall. this was our first shakedown for the RW and although there were a couple issues I fixed most of them myself. Listed issues:
1. Max airfan circuit board went out, Redwood sent me a brand new fan, I took the board off and just replaced it, fan works fine and now I have a new motor and fan unit without a board in the garage for parts.
2. Light over Washers and dryer switch melted, Redwood sent me a new one.
3. lights on one side of RV were dim, looked in fuse panel no blown fuses showing, after thinking about issue and chatting on here I figured out you must have switch for light in on position for fuse to be shown blown
4. This is why RV is at grumbines RV. I was sitting at picnic table in Florida and saw what looked like bottom of slide where table is mounted plastic dropped down, after investigating this issue I saw that the reason is that the board they use is 4 ply plyboard. somehow it has gotten wet and swelled the wood enough to push the plastic down a good 2 inches. there are no leaks inside rv and no damage inside or to carpets seen anywhere. this is near the front door, but there is no damage to rear of slide. I will see if I can post pictures. Not very happy about this as it did not rain but 3 times in Florida, and I can find no leaks anywhere. plus they used cheap 4 ply plywood, i figured the price we paid for rv it should be marine grade. and also I feel this was a factory damaged slide. RW looked at build sheet but said no issues with build records. thank god for warranty.