Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #1

Christmas and New Year Travels

We are staying in our home base of Tallahassee FL for the rest of the year so we can do holiday stuff with family and friends.
It is relaxing to be stationary for a while, we will hit the road again mid January heading to Hollywood FL then to Ft Myers FL in the first of February.
After finishing up in South Florida, we will head to Pensacola FL and then most likely on to Texas.
Trying to get all our South FL and Texas visits done since we plan on attending a Rally in NC in May and want to try to make the Redwood Rally in IN this year too.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #2

I will be going home to Michigan for two weeks, but I will be leaving my rig in AL. I have been debating on whether or not to run the slides in while I am gone and leave the furnace on around 45 degrees. It does not stay to cold here in Lower AL for very long and I have people to get on it periodically.

I would like to it some of your opinions on this.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticman1957 View Post
I will be going home to Michigan for two weeks, but I will be leaving my rig in AL. I have been debating on whether or not to run the slides in while I am gone and leave the furnace on around 45 degrees. It does not stay to cold here in Lower AL for very long and I have people to get on it periodically.

I would like to it some of your opinions on this.

We left our RW in Florida for what will be 3 weeks. I dumped all of the tanks, set the furnace at 50 degrees, the front A/C at 76 degrees, put the slides in, shut off the water and stored the water softener. We returned home for Christmas with the family and will return to Florida at the end of December. When we return to Florida and after 20 minutes of setup, we will be ready for the rest of the winter.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #4

Pretty much the same thing I was thinking, but don't think I will the A/C setup.