Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2021, 02:59 AM   #1

Beach camping

My wife and I have been wanting to find a nice RV park on the beach. Any suggestions?
Thanks
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrn View Post
My wife and I have been wanting to find a nice RV park on the beach. Any suggestions?
Thanks
What part of the country?

In SC we go to Myrtle Beach Travel park... the ocean front sites are 50' or so from high tide....

In DE, Delaware Seashore State Park is nestled between the inlet and ocean
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:25 AM   #3

East coast ? Delaware seashore , state park. 500' from the water , easy walk even if you only want to go over for 2 hour. lots of thing to do in the area. We prefer the north park.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #4

My experience is that although being on the ocean is great it’s not so great an RV. Everything is coated with the sea spray in around three hours. Salt rusts everything that will rust in just a few days. If you’re lucky enough to have a storm the wind off the ocean will make you question your decision. We have had our unit slide on our pad in the wind. Every window needs to be cleaned to see out not to mention the whole unit. Just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:40 PM   #5
MrT

Beachfront RV park

Try https://gulfwatersrvresorttx.com/
Beautiful park on Mustang Island, just north of Corpus Christi. Rv sites are shielded by the dunes; boardwalk to the beach.
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:58 AM   #6

beachfront RV

I agree with Myrtle Beach Travel Park, Although management is not that friendly, You can not reserve a specific site, you can reserve many preferred sites. They claim its first come first serve basis, but that's not true, We have gone there and they gave us a smaller site, and when we went to look at the site, our first preference sites were empty, We came from NY, on a holiday weekend, they out right said, if we don't like what they are giving us to bad, we can leave.
First row sites are very nice, long enough for a 40 to 45 ft fifth wheel. But if the campground is full, pulling in, or leaving can be extremely tight. Restaurants, and shopping are very close. Just watch the wind and your awnings, sand gets into everything. .
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:04 AM   #7

Another big advantage of the Myrtle Beach travel park is, If you like keeping your RV nice, there are mobile RV wash and wax trucks that go to the parks.
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:01 AM   #8

We've been to the Outer Banks a few times. You don't camp right on the Beach, but it's just over the Sand Dune. We've Stayed at Ocean Waves, little cheaper that the KOA or Camp Hatteras.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote