Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 AM   #1381

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hugger-5...D-BN/300930186

I swapped the 9 watt lamp for a 4 watt that runs at 2700 k, the 2700K burns more yellow the white and it gives the room a soft warm light.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:35 AM   #1382

Angry electric power cord winder not working

I took my 3901 into Tiara in July with a laundry list of items to repair.
The bedslide broke and had to pull on the inside walls to get to close to transport from Elkhart Campground( thand God it was just around the corner!)
But one of the other issues was the electric power cord winder had quit working, they fixed it supposedly. We then traveled to Akron,Oh and camped there for a couple of months and got ready to leave and the cord winder is not working again! This is a real pain to try to roll up that cord manually.
Has this happened to anyone and is there a way to get into this to fix myself, like how to videos or downloadable manual?
I can here the motor running,but it just makes a clicking noise and the drum doesn't turn.
Thanks
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:43 AM   #1383

I put up my skirting after temp been getting to 19F
also scheduling a visit for a local insulation company to quote light insulation for the bottom of my unit
Old 10-24-2018, 11:53 PM   #1384

We went camping last weekend for the first time since last May…Ahhhh. Between our schedules, the heat, and the recent rains Texas it’s been a crazy year.

Did some preventative maintenance while we were out. Zip-tied all the window shades to the mounting brackets per the recommendations on this site. This by no means the first item we have fixed before it broke based on forum member recommendations. Thanks to everyone for posting all your recommendations and lessons learned.

I also replaced the King pin mounting bolts. Although the original bolts were Grade 5, the washers apparently are not because they were rusting. This seems to be common on other trailers I’ve seen, and I think that’s why they spray paint the heads and washers. The length of the bolts was also minimal. In general, a bolt should extend one diameter beyond the backing nut. The length of the installed bolts was barely flush with the backing nut. I replaced everything with longer Grade 8 hardware and added lock washers to the stack. Shouldn’t have to fool with that again.

We also snagged reservations to the 2019 Albuquerque Balloon Festival, so plans for a 2-month trip next fall are in motion. Unfortunately, the next task is probably to winterize until next spring.
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:59 AM   #1385
gee

4001lk skirting

We bought property and are living full time while we build a house. Just hoping to make it through the winter without freezing pipes. Finished skirting today. Last weekend added heat tapes and insulation to ice maker line and frost free hydrant. Also hard plumed sewer lines. Plans are to travel once house is finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015EA4C6-469A-4B21-99C4-B4B47BA8AE89.jpg (232.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg D7010B91-6CAD-444A-8292-76673ED0E880.jpg (314.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 5FACB750-53ED-4D31-A3F0-E5BA59082209.jpg (411.5 KB, 7 views)
gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 04:25 AM   #1386

Replaced slide wipes on bedroom slide

I had to replace the wipes on the bedroom slide. In the last 2 months I have also personally installed a gasoline 5.5 Onan. I installed it with the normal transfer switch and also added a circuit box and a female 50 amp plug so I can also power my home during blackouts like we had last winter. I fuel it with a 20 gallon fuel cell mounted in the bed of my truck. The fuel cell hooks to the generator and carbon canister with outboard motor quick connects. I also added a king sleep number bed in the bedroom. It is slightly longer than the original mattress, so the bed frame had to be modified for things to work. I love the new bed. I also installed an air compressor above the generator bay and added a remote fill for the air bag on the pin box.
Donnie & Kathy, 2017 31SL, SRE 4000, Goodyear H 17.5's, Kodiak Disc, Brakerite Actuator, Joyrider Shocks, Timken Bearings and Seals, 2019 Ram 3500 Dually, Mega Cab, HO Cummins, Aisin Trans, 4.10 Ratio.
Dart540 is offline   Reply With Quote