Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #101

We to are happy with the RW and we are Full timers in our RW. We have had a few small issues but most of them I fixed myself. There are a few items I wish I had added from the start but I can do those as needed. You will enjoy your new Trailer. Safe Travels.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #102

It seems that most of the folks posting on the forum are Redwood / Redwood owners, do you think I am safe being a Redwood / Sequoia owner? I must admit it can all get confusing. Crossroads, Redwood RV. There must be a lot of manufacturing platforms with a many different operational teams running them.
Tungsten Sequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten Sequoia View Post
It seems that most of the folks posting on the forum are Redwood / Redwood owners, do you think I am safe being a Redwood / Sequoia owner? I must admit it can all get confusing. Crossroads, Redwood RV. There must be a lot of manufacturing platforms with a many different operational teams running them.
With ANY brand , or platform level you can get a lemon.. It happens.. I can't speak for Sequoia as I have never even seen one. If you do not get any decent answers here , either they ALL LOVE their trailers , or there NOT on here .. If your still looking at that point , try over at RV.NET.. there are a lot more users on there and maybe you will get a hit??
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #104

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking as far as being safe with being a Sequoia owner. What specifically are your concerns?

When we toured the factory in August, Sequoia's were in the same production line as the Redwoods. We would come across a unit and our tour guide would have to take a moment to ascertain which we were looking at. I think the concerns we have as Redwood owners are pretty much the same whether the unit is a RW Redwood or a RW Sequioa. They're both Crossroads/Thor products.

And yes, it does get confusing.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #105

Thanks you guys have been great and I appreciate the feedback. We will do a little driveway camping this weekend and see how everything functions. Let me ask you one more quick question. I would like to have some way to fasten things in place under there so things don't move around. What creative ways have you seen?
Old 10-20-2015, 04:43 PM   #106

It is nice to know that the Redwoods and Sequoia's are manufactured on the same assembly lines. We are all getting product from the same quality system.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #107

First of all, enjoy your experience. I remember our first trip in our RW. I didn't go outside the entire weekend. I was too busy enjoying the inside.

I'm not sure of your layout, but in ours we have a closet with shelves by the door. That's our liquor cabinet (most important cabinet). We use tension curtain rods to hold items in place there. I also lined all of the shelves everywhere with bumpy shelf-liner stuff, but I wouldn't do that again. Despite using double-sided tape to try to hold it down, it just slides everywhere and bunches up. I don't think it does any good.

If you have a pantry door that abuts to the island, put a cushion between the door and the island when the slides are in. That will keep the pantry door from coming open while traveling.

Most everything else seems to stay put for us. A word of caution: always use care when opening the medicine cabinet after traveling. I have little baskets that hold stuff on the shelves (Walmart has them in just the right size), but taller things will still fall out whe you open the door.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #108

If you pack enough stuff under there Iike I do there's no room for it to move around. As far as hanging photos & stuff on the walls of shelves, use 3m command strips & 3m Velcro strips, had stuff sitting/hanging in ours for 3 years now & haven't lost any of them.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:21 PM   #109

On our redwood...very little moves around during travel and that goes for the country roads we travel on here in south texas. When storing in the basement I tend to even things out so all has a place on the basement floor and use camping chairs to tighten up loose spots in there as well. Inside I normally put all soap and shampoos in the sinks during travel. If it leaks it does so their and real easy to clean up otherwise. Pool noodles come in handy when cling up the slides so the fridge and dining table are not bouncing against the island. Safe travels and happy wife make a good day a lot better.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #110

Quote:
It is nice to know that the Redwoods and Sequoia's are manufactured on the same assembly lines. We are all getting product from the same quality system.
Dan and Debbie!
Welcome to our family- we are honored that you chose to be part of the Redwood family. Our owners are some of the most knowledgeable and experienced around...so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Sequoias and Redwoods are not only built in the same factory, but are held to the same standards and made with the same materials. So, many of the questions that you have will be able to be effectively answered by our Redwood owners!

I'm here on behalf of the factory and have a feeling that I met you guys at Hershey- if memory serves! Either way, know that we are here to take care of your guys and your sparkly new Sequoia. You're going to love RVing and all of the craziness that it entails!

Should you need ANYTHING- don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #111

Christian,
This forum is nice to have as a resource to gain knowledge about our new unit. It wasn't us you met in Hershey, however I would like to ask you if you have a service center located at the factory site? We are only about 5 miles north of Kalamazoo and I would like to get down and see the facility if possible.

Dan
Old 10-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #112
Site Team

Quote:
This is a scary thread. We are scheduled to pickup our new unit on Thursday and I am really starting to question our decision to purchase. The intent is to use the unit to travel during the winter months but you all are bringing a new level to buyers remorse.
Dan and Debbie......

Welcome to the group! To answer your question, those of us that have been around RVs for a while tend to pick them apart (sort of like a future mother in law at a family gathering). All RVs have issues and it's the nature of the beast due in part to the complicity of them in a very small box bouncing down a highway.

I don't believe Redwood is any worse than other brands and in many instances they're much better. I'm sure you'll be happy with yours but with all RVs....buy a tool box and ask a lot of questions. We're all here to help!

I hope you have miles and miles of good times and good health in the years to come. Again, welcome to the group.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:14 AM   #113

Quote:
This is a scary thread. We are scheduled to pickup our new unit on Thursday and I am really starting to question our decision to purchase. The intent is to use the unit to travel during the winter months but you all are bringing a new level to buyers remorse.
Don't build fear based on my getting my couch cushion caught in the slide - that was operator error. I should have been paying attention.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:33 AM   #114

Thanks I know you need to be careful and take your time. Are you still happy with your camera system you installed?
Old 10-21-2015, 05:36 AM   #115

Thanks for all the congratulations on my new lifetime mod I'm sure this will last me longer then my redwood I will add pictures of the new addition as soon as the weather gets better thanks again to the RW family 😄
Old 10-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #116

Quote:
Thanks I know you need to be careful and take your time. Are you still happy with your camera system you installed?
If you were talking to me, a definite yes! I just used it Sunday again and remembered how much I like it. I went with the hardwired and it gives a continuous high grade picture as I roll down the road. There is a kit I can use to have it play through the nav system but it's $350 so I didn't do it. I'm getting used to having the rear view on a separate monitor so I don't have to flip back and forth.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #117

Is your monitor permanently mounted in your truck or can you remove it when you are not towing?
I don't think I would like having it as a permanent fixture in the truck.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #118

So with this thread what did you do to your redwood ..can I add what did you do BAD to your redwood...if not I'll make a new post... I got one dumb one to start that thread off
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #119
Site Team

I would start the tread for what dumb stuff did we do............ could be very interesting and instructive to others...

I'm sure all of us have something we'd like to share ........ know I do.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #120

I have a few ,depending on who in my house you talk to !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote