Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2016, 12:25 AM   #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Danny,
Is it to do with the flange or are you thinking size?

Steve
The bottom of the top section & both ends of the bottom section have no flat spot for the glass to set on, it's about the thickness of the glass wide but with a domed top. I sandwiched the glass between the bronze colored strips to keep it flat & from sliding down. It slide perfectIy in to the slot on the door. I couldn't tell for sure from your pics if it was the same.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:41 AM   #1002

Quote:
Would be interested in seeing a picture of the window. Anything structural in the door that had to be cut?

Steve
Steve,

See photos attached. Nothing but Styrofoam.

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2165.jpg (259.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2166.jpg (210.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2169.jpg (206.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2172.jpg (191.0 KB, 5 views)
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:44 AM   #1003

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenkco View Post
Steve,

See photos attached. Nothing but Styrofoam.

Ken
I noticed that when we met in El Mirage. Looks great
Old 08-25-2016, 12:54 AM   #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
The bottom of the top section & both ends of the bottom section have no flat spot for the glass to set on, it's about the thickness of the glass wide but with a domed top. I sandwiched the glass between the bronze colored strips to keep it flat & from sliding down. It slide perfectIy in to the slot on the door. I couldn't tell for sure from your pics if it was the same.

Thanks for the info. Redwood said they were all the same but guess not and I will have to watch. I'll grab the measurements tomorrow to compare to your to see if all else is the same.
I did just pick up some real nice edging for ones who want to install with clips and leave the scree. I just need to make some new patterns this weekend.

Steve
Old 08-25-2016, 01:07 AM   #1005

Steve,

The window frame I bought from Amazon has tabs for the glass to sit on. Some that have used these have had these tabs break. They just reversed the frame. FYI, there is an inside and outside, standard RV window size. The glass came from
Los Algodones, MX, cost about $55.00

Window frame:
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A770...r+window+frame

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:05 PM   #1006

The window looks great. I'm hoping my wife doesn't see it, those grapes were her late grandmothers favorite and she would want to do something similar.

I did finally upgrade my wheels and tires to the 17.5's this week. I feel a lot more secure going down the road with add capacity. Have also been talking with Ron aka Titan Guy and he's getting me all set up for an axle and disc brake upgrade in November. Definitely looking forward to that.
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:29 PM   #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
That's a beautiful picture ! ! ! !
Are you saying that because of the RAM in the picture?
Old 08-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #1008

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Redwood said they were all the same but guess not and I will have to watch. I'll grab the measurements tomorrow to compare to your to see if all else is the same.
I did just pick up some real nice edging for ones who want to install with clips and leave the scree. I just need to make some new patterns this weekend.

Steve
Steve,
I was doing some adjusting to the door & noticed what I did differently, you put the glass in the inside slot with the screws through that 1" piece of trim across the door & the guy cut mine for the outside slot because I have the grab bars on the inside so it was an inch too short for the inside slot. So with that your patterns will probably work as long as installed in the inside slot.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Steve,
I was doing some adjusting to the door & noticed what I did differently, you put the glass in the inside slot with the screws through that 1" piece of trim across the door & the guy cut mine for the outside slot because I have the grab bars on the inside so it was an inch too short for the inside slot. So with that your patterns will probably work as long as installed in the inside slot.
GOT IT... you just like putting the scare into me since I have a few all cut!!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax View Post
In Campaign IL visiting with DW BFF of over 50 years for a few days. Rain in forecast so climbed on roof to check after the last month of 90 deg temps. A small section of roof to front cap trim has lifted or buckled to cause a 4" long gap about 1/8" high in the joint compound. Filled it with flexible sealant for now to prevent water egress. Area has been "topped up" with the famous self levelling sealant that is now 4 layers deep in this area during my warranty period at the dealer. Most of this stuff is starting to crack where ever it has been applied.
How do I remove all this stuff and start sealing the front and back cap from scratch? What aftermarket sealant should I use that is compatible with the Alpha roof material?
I saw repairs being made around a skylight and the tech used a heat gun to soften the caulk...ever sooooooo carefully.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:05 AM   #1011

Quote:
GOT IT... you just like putting the scare into me since I have a few all cut!!!!
Sorry Steve!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
Are you saying that because of the RAM in the picture?
Sure,why not.. I am in a good mood today.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:59 PM   #1013
S&K

Flushed the water heater today and replaced the anode.

Picked up the anode from a vendor at the Redwood Rally - G & L Specialties.

He also gave a seminar on this and a few other specialty items he had available.

Info for this: G & L RV Specialties

For under $25, we now have a clean water heater with no build-up.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:09 AM   #1014

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Ken
Is the anode you got any different than the ones from the box stores or CW
Old 08-27-2016, 02:17 AM   #1015

We put a Comfort Air bed in the RV at the end of last summer and it wasn't working too good with the European Box Springs so I bought two sheets of plywood, cut them into 30" x 80" pieces. Took out the Box Springs and the thin veneer sheets under it. While off I checked the flex hose from the Washer Drain pipe and sure enough it was loose on both connections and one side was too high and binding the flex hose so it wouldn't line up and tighten right, so fixed that. Put the plywood base on and checked to see where it would hit when bringing the slide in. We have a sink in the bedroom there in the corner so had to trim that corner 4" from one side to 4" on other side. Then had to trim the other end on the closet side about 2" making the length 78" for about 8" in so it wouldn't hit the cabinet doors between the closet and dresser. Put the Comfort Air back together on the platform. Now I can set on the edge of the bed anywhere around the bed and have a solid foundation under the mattress. Next adventure is taking the waste basket in the kitchen out and use the front for a door and install drawers. Seen this mod here on the forum too and looks like a great idea since we have the oven which cuts down how many drawers you have.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:21 AM   #1016

Sounds like you have bin busy. Great mods
Old 08-27-2016, 04:00 AM   #1017
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Ken
Is the anode you got any different than the ones from the box stores or CW
The one we just put in is a zinc anode. Normally they are made out of aluminum or magnesium.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #1018

Ken
Let us know if it holds up better than the other 2. I replace mine every 6 mths and is half eaten.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:41 PM   #1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Ken
Let us know if it holds up better than the other 2. I replace mine every 6 mths and is half eaten.
I do the same with mine. However I would rather replace the cheap rods then the tank. I only buy the magnesium rods. The aluminum ones last longer and that is the part that scares me the most
Old 08-27-2016, 09:33 PM   #1020

Working on the RW again and these are the upgrades since the rally.

Installed two sets of the aluminum stairs.

Mor Ryde pin box.

Added the Wi-Fi booster and we decided to go with the external antenna since they said it's stronger so had to come up with a decent looking mount. 16' collapsible flag pole and wire plugs into a permanent one that I ran from the desk area to the basement.

Took the combo washer and dryer out and installed separate units. Dryer is a Whirlpool which is now vented to the outside unlike our last one and washer is an Electrolux. Was a bit scary drilling through the side of the RW!

Now onto the fridge.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (789.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (453.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (950.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (828.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 008.JPG (978.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 010.JPG (707.7 KB, 7 views)