Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #1

water pressure

We are hooked up to city water. The pressure fluctuates from 40 psi-80 psi - when we use any of the faucets. Sometimes good pressure for 2 minutes then drops to a little more than trickle. Not even enough pressure to flush the toilet at times. Pressure/regulator/flow regulator used and removed...not the problem.
laynejenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #2

If you're seeing 80psi, I'd reinstall that regulator. And if it's a trickle at times, then I'm not too sure there's anything that can be done except to fill your fresh water tank and use your onboard pump. Do other sites experience the same pressure fluctuations?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #3

Sounds like your location has its own water well & pump pressure regulator is set to come on/off at too much differential, been several places with same scenario. Also you should purchase a 3/4" household regulator as they are much better at regulating than those cheapo things from rv supply stores or Walmart.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #4

Ditto, sounds like a supply problem, and with that much variation I definitely wouldn't go without a regulator. Who knows when it could go up instead of down.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #5

Yes, others in the park we have spoken with have pressure issues too. We have a Watts regulator...it's not a cheap Walmart brand! The park is saying it is our rig! Which I highly doubt because the pressure and flow from the outside faucet also has the same issues when we connect a hose to it! Good pressure and then horrible pressure!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #6

I had the same issue...(on my first outing) My correction was to open the wintering/by-pass valve just south of the water pump. 30+ pounds of water pressure was enough to blow past the valve then it played catch-up.. reducing flow. I didn`t know it was there till I emptied the crawl space and dove in to investigate this and the other many problems I encountered. I also removed the small filter attached to it.. It was full of plastic debris from the tank installation.
mesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #7

Ditto on the suggestion to always use a quality regulator
and fill up the fresh water and use your pump too... problem solved...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynejenk View Post
Yes, others in the park we have spoken with have pressure issues too. We have a Watts regulator...it's not a cheap Walmart brand! The park is saying it is our rig! Which I highly doubt because the pressure and flow from the outside faucet also has the same issues when we connect a hose to it! Good pressure and then horrible pressure!
I think you've answered your own question...if you have the same problem with a hose, the issue is with the park. They may not admit it but the proof is there, show the park workers what is going on with the hose directly connected to their faucet!

One other question, have you tried another site, if not just try another one close to you to see if you have the same issue...if not the problem could be in the feed to your side.

The good news...the problem is not with your coach!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #9

It sure sounds like park pressure problem. If the park has it's own supply there could be several causes. Corroded lines, too small pressure tank, water lines too small, low water supply, etc. Whatever the cause, it can't handle the # of people handling the system. If they are on city water part of the problem would be city related, but the size and condition of the lines would be a problem of the park. I would get with some of the other people that are having the same problem and go to management. If a group goes up together they will have a hard time telling you it's a problem with your rig.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:44 AM   #10

After the park and the plumber telling me it was my issue....I was adamite it was not...finally traced it to a faulty PARK METER! Now for them to fix it!!!
Thanks for all your help! All comments were greatly appreciated!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:09 AM   #11

Glad you got it solved. Been there done that with water pressure, cable, & power & it's never their equipment til you prove otherwise.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Ditto on the suggestion to always use a quality regulator
and fill up the fresh water and use your pump too... problem solved...
Johnboytoo,

I have one of those regulators. Last winter while staying in the panhandle of Florida, the temperature went down to 19* one night and the gauge has been stuck at about 40 psi ever since. I am going to try a replacement gauge from the local Lowes to see if that will fix it. Otherwise, I think the regulator is good.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #13

Ahhhhhh...vindication can be so sweet at times.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote