Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2015, 01:41 AM   #1

Water leak opinion

During a heavy rain the DW noticed a small wet spot in the carpet in the outside corner on the door side of the dinning table slide. No moisture at the top or side walls only the floor. I have a 36RL. Could this be a poor window seal? Just started full timing two weeks ago and did not need this. Thanks for any and all opinions. How hard is a window to reseal?
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:09 AM   #2
Site Team

We're you pulling the trailer in the rain?
Old 04-11-2015, 03:27 AM   #3

Do you have the second awning? Our 36rl has the second awning, we noticed a small wet spot on the carpet. Nothing in the window frame. My leak turned out to be the plug for the second awning. It was not sealed and the water was leaking down inside the wall. Check that area out.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1817 View Post
During a heavy rain the DW noticed a small wet spot in the carpet in the outside corner on the door side of the dinning table slide. No moisture at the top or side walls only the floor. I have a 36RL. Could this be a poor window seal? Just started full timing two weeks ago and did not need this. Thanks for any and all opinions. How hard is a window to reseal?
A hard driving rain will bring water in especially if the coach isn't leveled correctly. I was parked on a beach about 14 months ago in a driving rain with high gusts of wind and I had some very minor leaks.

If you were driving and had water on the area you described, then look underneath the coach, above the tire area for the rubber flap and make sure it's in place.

I hope this helps
Old 04-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
We're you pulling the trailer in the rain?
Dave the unit has been stationary for almost two weeks.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:16 PM   #6

I would hope that the auto level is not off. I just assume that it is the window as that is mostly where it s wet on the carpet.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
Old 04-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
I would hope that the auto level is not off. I just assume that it is the window as that is mostly where it s wet on the carpet.
I don't think it's a window leak because I haven't heard of anybody yet having that issue. Also look at the rubber sweeper seal on the side of the slide and make sure it's in place toward the bottom of the slide.

I would recommend re-leveling the coach about every week. I have found when my coach sits for a while it needs re-leveled. I usually raise the front end enough that the auto level kicks in. Along with that, I usually like to bring my slides in and out every few weeks as well. It seems that folks have the most issues with the slides when they aren't moved often enough.

Good luck
Old 04-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #8

Thanks Dave I will try and level it and look at the seal. I have had this RW for six months and so far do not regret my decision to buy it. Things have a different emphasis when it is your only home! When i finish my home base for the RW I will have a stout 22×45 foot cover over it. Thanks for the advice.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
Old 04-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks Dave I will try and level it and look at the seal. I have had this RW for six months and so far do not regret my decision to buy it. Things have a different emphasis when it is your only home! When i finish my home base for the RW I will have a stout 22×45 foot cover over it. Thanks for the advice.

Dean, that sounds like a perfect setup. I hope we meet up some day on the road

Happy trails