Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
lwg

Warranty work and Dealers

I just had a conversation with a local dealer regarding warranty work on the Redwood. Apparently Crossroads now requires the dealer submitting warranty work on a Crossroads RV to be the selling dealer. It was mentioned that in the online portal they use once they go to submit an item for warranty reimbursement that they have to select their dealership name in able to do this. The problem is, if they aren't the selling dealer their name isn't listed on the drop down menu, hence they can't be reimbursed.

Anyone else encounter this? I tend to believe this dealer as its in their best interest to help me as I'll likely purchase another RV very quickly with them.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:12 AM   #2
S&K

If this were true, (which I do not doubt) it would make it hard for places like Explore USA who taunt the service for customers to use any Nationwide dealer for repairs/service.

We've not had the occasion for warranty work outside of our dealer so far, and don't anticipate it in the future. I guess that means you can't take it back to Shipshewana, IN for warranty work?

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post
I just had a conversation with a local dealer regarding warranty work on the Redwood. Apparently Crossroads now requires the dealer submitting warranty work on a Crossroads RV to be the selling dealer. It was mentioned that in the online portal they use once they go to submit an item for warranty reimbursement that they have to select their dealership name in able to do this. The problem is, if they aren't the selling dealer their name isn't listed on the drop down menu, hence they can't be reimbursed.

Anyone else encounter this? I tend to believe this dealer as its in their best interest to help me as I'll likely purchase another RV very quickly with them.
Who is the dealer?
Old 06-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #4

Quote:

I certainly hope this is not the case, again for a company that markets its products to fulltimers that are traveling and seeing this great country of ours, that would be a big problem to have to return to the selling dealer for any warranty repairs.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #5

If that is true, you'll see lots of RWs up for sale!
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #6

We bought ours in Indiana and have it serviced and repaired in Florida without any problems
Bill
b41wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #7

Quote:

If you carry a Crossroads or Redwood brand, you are authorized to work on ANY crossroads or Redwood brand, not just the bands that you sell. Additionally, we have established partnerships with various service centers and mobile service centers throughout the country to further increase our customer’s access to service. Hope this helps! Redwood owners group and Redwood are working together to deal with these concerns and rumors. Thanks!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #8

Our service company does not even sell RW or Crossroads and they were authorized to do some warranty work through RW. I am think your dealer just did not want to spend the time to call and ask questions. I have even had parts shipped to us under warranty in the last month. (Roller blind and trim Pc) Nearest RW dealer to us was 70 miles and neither have a place to stay while working on Trailer. So I called the guy near us and he called RW and got the approval to do the work and billed RW. I even checked to see that he got paid and he said yes with out issue.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #9

We bought our RW from Explore in Mesquite Tx. We take it for repairs including warranty work and service to Welcome Back RV in Athens Tx. They sell Crossroads but not Redwood. Wonderful people and great customer service. Would hate to think we have to go back to Explore!! ��
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:32 AM   #10

I do not believe this is factual. I called Crossroads and they told me I can take my RW to any Crosroads dealer even if they do not sell RW. I did just that and the Croosroads dealer did the work under warranty.