Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 02:04 PM   #1

Warranty work

Good Morning All😁
I need help finding a good place in Dallas area for our warranty work. We bought in Canton Tx at Explore USA but the service department messed up more than they fixed last time we took it in. Please help!
Hairfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #2

The issue we had was we were told warranty work was never covered for us except at an authorized redwood dealer... thus the continual problems we had with the two dfw Exploreusa dealers we were closest to...

I can however give you a motorhome dealer in Colleyville, Tx that has been GREAT with our 2011 Monaco or a mobile techs name I paid out of pocket.
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairfairy View Post
Good Morning All😁
I need help finding a good place in Dallas area for our warranty work. We bought in Canton Tx at Explore USA but the service department messed up more than they fixed last time we took it in. Please help!
I know it's quite far from Dallas but I get my work done at the Seguin location for exploreusa ask for Amanda. They always did me right on my rw
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #4

The guys in Canton did a good job for us when we bought ours - and they had a list of stuff to fix. Too bad you are having or had a bad experience.

We are in CO now so not much help I guess. Mine goes to the "Brad" garage for almost all repairs now
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Good Morning All😁
We bought our RW AT Explore in Dallas but wouldn't take it back for service. We use Welcome Back RV in Athens for anything we need. They are wonderful!
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #6

Thanks. Our level system is slipping, the refrigerator is dead one window is fogged up and so on. We are not real happy to say the least. Just leased a house because this is far from a full time unit. I'm so very disappointed.
Hairfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks. Our level system is slipping, the refrigerator is dead one window is fogged up and so on. We are not real happy to say the least. Just leased a house because this is far from a full time unit. I'm so very disappointed.
Gosh I hate that for you!!! FYI The Service Managers name at Welcome Back is Lester if you decide to go there. They don't sell RW but they do sell Crossroads so they can do warranty work on any RW. We've had several things done there on warranty and also a new roof after a run in with a tree
Very pleased with how fast and how well they take care of us!
Old 07-13-2015, 12:53 AM   #8

Hairyfairy, I can feel for you as we are also very disappointed with our RW. Bought it new in September (38GK) and had to put new brakes on it at our expense a few weeks ago. We were out this past weekend and I decided to treat the rubber seals and found the seal around the left hand propane take is ripped, the bedroom emergency window won't stay open, the seal around the living room slide looks like it is starting to dry rot already. Then when we getting ready to head home I pulled the bedroom slide in and it wouldn't seal. There was about a 2-3 inch gap. So I opened it back up went up on top to ensure there was nothing holding it out and there wasn't. Tried it again still would not seal, tried a third time still didn't seal so we drove home as it was. Got home leveled it up put the slides out, checked again for anything that may be interfering, found nothing, ran it in again still did not seal, tried it again and it seal but is not square. Plan on taking it back to the dealer in a couple of weeks to have all these issues fixed. Let's hope it gets better. PS I never open or close the slides unless the trailer is level. A lesson on learned years ago on our Newmar.
Marty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty51 View Post
Hairyfairy, I can feel for you as we are also very disappointed with our RW. Bought it new in September (38GK) and had to put new brakes on it at our expense a few weeks ago. We were out this past weekend and I decided to treat the rubber seals and found the seal around the left hand propane take is ripped, the bedroom emergency window won't stay open, the seal around the living room slide looks like it is starting to dry rot already. Then when we getting ready to head home I pulled the bedroom slide in and it wouldn't seal. There was about a 2-3 inch gap. So I opened it back up went up on top to ensure there was nothing holding it out and there wasn't. Tried it again still would not seal, tried a third time still didn't seal so we drove home as it was. Got home leveled it up put the slides out, checked again for anything that may be interfering, found nothing, ran it in again still did not seal, tried it again and it seal but is not square. Plan on taking it back to the dealer in a couple of weeks to have all these issues fixed. Let's hope it gets better. PS I never open or close the slides unless the trailer is level. A lesson on learned years ago on our Newmar.
Why were your brakes not covered under warranty??
Old 07-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #10

They were not covered because I did not take it in for a 3 month/200 mile inspection. This is stated on page 53 of the owners manual so Redwood used that as there reason for not covering. Also this required inspection is at the owners expense. My question was why were they inspected after delivery as the unit was towed approximately 600 miles from the factory to the dealer??? Redwood said that doesn't count. Again I'm very disappointed with my unit, Redwood quality and lack of customer service. I would not recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a RV.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #11

Wow - that's Page one of how not to retain and gain customers !!!!

SO happy we are past that
Old 07-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:

I had a similar problem 3 years ago with our bedroom slide. Get a can of CRC PowerLube with Teflon or a can of DuPont Teflon Spray Lube and spray the the tracks and drive motor gears. Repeat a couple of times each year. I haven't had the issue since.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #13

If you have Schwintec electric slide motors, you can re-sync them and/or run them the motors separately in manual mode to align. Here is a link to some videos showing how to do this.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...mp=yhs-att_001

Also as stated above lube your rails and motor gears with CRC.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #14

Thanks for the tip
Old 07-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #15

I have been in sales and customer service all my life and I cannot understand how RV Manufacturing and RV Dealers get away with treating customers poorly. We bought our RW from B Young in Portland. The sales team were nice enough to work with and we have not had to have out RV back in for any service since purchased January of 2015. Mainly because I have done all the minor things that have come up myself not our first RV. But just getting some things that were on the PDI have been crazy. Mainly the blind that is to short on the slide window. Dealer wont order unless we bring in the RV for the repair. Redwood wont send direct only to dealer. I feel lucky though because its only a blind and not the Roof or something Major.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #16

The CRC works great we had the same issue and now I have two cans of the CRC and lube the gears and tracks every other month. No issues since I started doing this.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #17

I was a buyer supporting manufacturing and customer service and I don't know how they get away with the extremely poor service they offer. It will come back to bite them.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #18

it already has with some owners...
Old 07-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #19

Quote:
They were not covered because I did not take it in for a 3 month/200 mile inspection. This is stated on page 53 of the owners manual so Redwood used that as there reason for not covering. Also this required inspection is at the owners expense. My question was why were they inspected after delivery as the unit was towed approximately 600 miles from the factory to the dealer??? Redwood said that doesn't count. Again I'm very disappointed with my unit, Redwood quality and lack of customer service. I would not recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a RV.
This nonsense is my main burn with Redwood. For any good it might do, protest your case to Taylor and Christian, but the issue really lies in the policy and relationship with Redwood and Lippert more so than individual cases that need help. This has been about the 9th brake repair turned away because of that phony inspection requirement that has been posted between forums.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #20

Try waiting until you are hooked up to your truck and the landing gear is raised before you close the bedroom slide. Ours closes correctly only when we do this.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote