Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 02:06 AM   #1

Underbelly Repair

I want to remove the underbelly of my Redwood 3941 FL to add heater pads and to put in electric valves for the tanks. Has anyone done this and do you know a source to buy the Coroplast in single sheet? Also any tips would be helpful.
Thanks in Advance
TJH
tjh@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #2

I have a different model, but mine screws in with dozens of screws. The front just drops down for removal. The rear is difficult due to suspension components. I’ve never successfully removed the rear. Just removed all the screws & let it hang down to access. Expect to see some seepage from the hydraulics in that area.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #3

Don't know of anywhere to buy coroplast, what the factory uses comes in huge rolls. I think the newer models may have had a rivet like fastener to hold it up, but those can be pryed pryed out & replace with self tapping screws. As to repair/patch the coroplast you can order "Scrim" tape from the internet that's recommended for that purpose.
Also once pulling it down expect to find various types of construction debris; screws, sawdust, wood cut outs, pieces of wire in various lengths & one owner found a well used Dewalt 18 volt drill left in there, so it's like a box of Cracker Jacks you'll never know what you may find. Apparently they all have bad backs once dropped they are unable to bend over to pick it up.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time View Post
I have a different model, but mine screws in with dozens of screws. The front just drops down for removal. The rear is difficult due to suspension components. I’ve never successfully removed the rear. Just removed all the screws & let it hang down to access. Expect to see some seepage from the hydraulics in that area.
Thank for the information I will report when I am done
Old 03-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #5

You can buy it at Tiara RV and they sell it in two different widths. 6’&8’ I believe and as long as you want. It is sold by the running foot. There are two different qualities “cheap and the good stuff”.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:18 AM   #6

Thanks for the information, that is the dealer I got my redwood from.

TJH
Old 03-30-2019, 05:34 PM   #7

To ease in replacing it, cut a 2x4 and put it under the corroplast and wedge it in place a couple of screw hole forward and screw the screw in to the vicible holes. move the 2x4 etc. and it is easier to do, and you will hve a sommther repair.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott & Vicky View Post
To ease in replacing it, cut a 2x4 and put it under the corroplast and wedge it in place a couple of screw hole forward and screw the screw in to the vicible holes. move the 2x4 etc. and it is easier to do, and you will hve a sommther repair.

Thanks for the idea that will help. I also raised and supported all the wires that were resting on the underbelly, must have been over 20 pounds of weight. I am also pulling the underbelly and clamping it to the rear bumper to ease the weight. Amazing what some good suggestions and common sense can do.

Tom