Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #21

What is the phrase
"If it moves and shouldn't - Duck Tape, If it doesn't move and should - WD40".
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:46 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Your right Ron that 600.oo tool kit is way cheaper than the truck body
Old 09-21-2015, 12:24 AM   #23

We removed our back seat, but not for tools:
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 09-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Boy
You gals can put a lot of hamsters in there
Old 09-21-2015, 12:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
We removed our back seat, but not for tools:
Purr-fect!

Oh Vaughan.......
Old 09-21-2015, 12:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
I know. You men are so funny. We women are like "a hammer (or strong soled shoe), screwdriver, pliers, level, WD40, and some duct tape. What more do you really need?"
hahahaha - Are you kidding? Dory's kitchen has far more sq-ft, drawers, cabinets and power equipment than my garage! She has 3 different tools for preparing a lemon. I mean really, what do you really need to eat? bunch of Taco Bell napkins, a microwave, can opener, and a bag of plastic forks
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
hahahaha - Are you kidding? Dory's kitchen has far more sq-ft, drawers, cabinets and power equipment than my garage! She has 3 different tools for preparing a lemon. I mean really, what do you really need to eat? bunch of Taco Bell napkins, a microwave, can opener, and a bag of plastic forks
Counterpoint: the kitchen contains implements that all parties either use or at least benefit from (bad grammar aside). Therefore, it's mutually beneficial storage.

Tools, at the level in which you, Shane, Ron, Vaughan, etc., use them , fall more into the project/hobby category. Sure, your traveling companions might benefit fit from your tinkering - fixing the broken blind, hanging a picture....that sort of thing; much like how you might benefit if we sew the button back on your shirt. My point being, we don't cart around a sewing machine, box of notions, and 15 lbs of fabric so that we can reattach your button. A simple needle and thread would suffice. Just like a simple nail and hammer (or shoe) would suffice to hang a picture. Truly these are "hobbies." Sewing cute little things is a hobby for me; deconstructing and reconstructing the 5th wheel is a hobby for you.

Bottom line: we each should get one cabinet for hobby supplies.

Oh, and yours should be in the basement.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:10 AM   #28

I thought everyone carried at least one sewing machine with them.
BTW, the cages are for our kids, two youngest on top, old guy in the middle and the other girl on the bottom.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:11 AM   #29

No
They have to go inside cause I have to sleep in the basement when I bring something new home
Old 09-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I thought everyone carried at least one sewing machine with them.
BTW, the cages are for our kids, two youngest on top, old guy in the middle and the other girl on the bottom.
I thought I saw a litter box so at least one must be a feline. What are the others?
Old 09-21-2015, 01:19 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
No
They have to go inside cause I have to sleep in the basement when I bring something new home

I have noticed that the adage, "something in, something out," does not appear to apply to tools.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:28 AM   #32

Quote:
Counterpoint: the kitchen contains implements that all parties either use or at least benefit from (bad grammar aside). Therefore, it's mutually beneficial storage.

Tools, at the level in which you, Shane, Ron, Vaughan, etc., use them , fall more into the project/hobby category. Sure, your traveling companions might benefit fit from your tinkering - fixing the broken blind, hanging a picture....that sort of thing; much like how you might benefit if we sew the button back on your shirt. My point being, we don't cart around a sewing machine, box of notions, and 15 lbs of fabric so that we can reattach your button. A simple needle and thread would suffice. Just like a simple nail and hammer (or shoe) would suffice to hang a picture. Truly these are "hobbies." Sewing cute little things is a hobby for me; deconstructing and reconstructing the 5th wheel is a hobby for you.

Bottom line: we each should get one cabinet for hobby supplies.

Oh, and yours should be in the basement.
Oh no - nothing mutually beneficial about an electric cookie press or a mixmaster or a pizelle maker or a taco folder! All that food can be bought at Costco and it's ready to eat out of the box! Making it at home is a hobby

Now I will admit I have a wireless pager that notifies me when the meat on the grill reaches temperature could be construed as frivolous, or maybe the CO2 charged wine opener, but as for the rest of the kitchen, it should all be able to fit in one cupboard - place for paper plates and forks and a greezy skillet.

I was going to say you can't buy a tile guy or carpenter or electrician at Costco, but actually you can, hmmmmm There just isn't anything either of us do that can't be bought at Costco - I feel so irrelevant....
Old 09-21-2015, 01:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Oh no - nothing mutually beneficial about an electric cookie press or a mixmaster or a pizelle maker or a taco folder! All that food can be bought at Costco and it's ready to eat out of the box! Making it at home is a hobby

Now I will admit I have a wireless pager that notifies me when the meat on the grill reaches temperature could be construed as frivolous, or maybe the CO2 charged wine opener, but as for the rest of the kitchen, it should all be able to fit in one cupboard - place for paper plates and forks and a greezy skillet.

I was going to say you can't buy a tile guy or carpenter or electrician at Costco, but actually you can, hmmmmm There just isn't anything either of us do that can't be bought at Costco - I feel so irrelevant....

Do you eat the cookies?
Old 09-21-2015, 02:03 AM   #34

Quote:
Do you eat the cookies?
I get to eat one cookie, but only after I fix 3 things on the honey do list, and clean and put away all my tools.

She hates to wake up to dirty tools in the sink!
Old 09-21-2015, 02:51 AM   #35

Four Pure Bred American Shorthairs, all but the Old Guy (he's a little over 15 now) were Show cats and have plenty of Ribbons to show for it. We were into the Cat Show Circuit quite heavy for a few years, but they and us have all retired to live the good life.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #36

Quote:
I don't even need that. I just need a drive-thru. Or, if I'm feeling fancy, a phone.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #37

So how does that new longhorn fit through the drive throughs
Old 09-21-2015, 11:55 PM   #38

Very carefully. And you have to turn it off at some so they can hear you.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #39

I'll guarantee you that mine will not fit. I am losing weight having to walk up to the drive through
Old 09-22-2015, 12:06 AM   #40
Site Team

I had one bank where both of my out side duals were rubbing the curb when I made a deposit. Other than that, I usually didn't have any problem other than visiting Boulder CO. That town has small parking spaces. And the electric car people looked at me like I was evil.