Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2023, 03:10 AM   #1

Toilet replacement

Or current/original Thetford toilet is running occasionally as the flange is not closing tightly and the lid has broken. In assessing this situation we’re considering a replacement. Any suggestions?
LISTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 05:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISTY View Post
Or current/original Thetford toilet is running occasionally as the flange is not closing tightly and the lid has broken. In assessing this situation we’re considering a replacement. Any suggestions?
I had the same problems this summer, replaced the toilet with the same Thetford model. Old out/new in in 30 minutes. Has worked great since then. We also learned a lesson on our old toilet, no household bowl cleaner or beach-cleaner, ruined two seals .
rlmankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:39 AM   #3

In my opinion the Dometic 320 with a hand spray is a better toilet. If I recall you need about 1.5" behind the existing toilet because the waste outlet on the dometic is farther off the wall. MY water line I was able to pull on it and gain the 6" I needed to make the connection on the valve. The elongated bowl and sits higher is a win win in my opinion..
Old 01-15-2023, 04:23 AM   #4

Would scrape the Thetford & go with either the 310 tall or 320 tall Dometic, in my opinion it's a far better toilet.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 12:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmankin View Post
I had the same problems this summer, replaced the toilet with the same Thetford model. Old out/new in in 30 minutes. Has worked great since then. We also learned a lesson on our old toilet, no household bowl cleaner or beach-cleaner, ruined two seals .

Great point on the bleach type cleaners , they dry out the round lip seals in the base of the toilets and let water drop into the tank.

also, I was able to get an elongated seat/lid from HD that has a night light in the bowl, and it closes slowly. This helps with waking up anyone who is a light sensitive sleeper.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:41 PM   #6

I have replaced my toilet with the Dometic 320 in every RV I have owned. Much much better toilet.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:17 PM   #7
MrT

Dump the Thetford

The Dometic 320 with the hand sprayer is a far superior toilet.
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 12:08 PM   #8

320 for sure
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote