Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #1

Tire change procedures for morryde is system

For those owners who have the Morryde IS System on your units, please see and print out the proper procedures to Jack Your IS System to change Tires.

I keep a copy of this document in the RV to use and help ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE persons know where to place the jack and prevent damage to the IS System.

Click on Attached PDF File.

Take Care,

JEFF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IS Flat Tire Change Procedure_reduce.pdf (1.12 MB, 86 views)
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #2

If you have the Level-Up System the easiest way is to use the hydraulic jacks to just lift the wheels on that side off the ground.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
If you have the Level-Up System the easiest way is to use the hydraulic jacks to just lift the wheels on that side off the ground.
The only problem with that IDEA is that if you are not on level ground or a level surface, you will not be able to lift the tires off the ground and you could damage the Level Up system as well!

I just received CONFIRMATION from Lippert Components as well. The Level Up System Cannot and Should Not be used to change tires! The Level Up Jacks can be easily damaged!
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #4

I agree with Michelle & Ann

I also believe that Lippert is just covering their butts as to liability . Each of those jacks are rated to carry/lift 14,000#.

I have always carried 3 or 4 blocks of 6" x 8" x 12" hardened wood to use under my jacks when I have uneven ground. I place them under all 4 rear pads when lifting the coach to do work so I do not EXTEND the jacks too far.

I think it is much safer looking after seeing that picture Morryde posted about jack placement..

Just my opinion
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #5

Concur on level up jacks with blocks. Works like a champ. Don’t need to extend the jacks more than 10-12 inches. Far easier on them than on an uneven site with one side or end extended fully.
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:57 AM   #6

Many of us have been on Camp Sites that are anything but level and end up with wheels off the ground.
I had our Montana retrofitted with the Level Up and it was done at the Old TrailAir Facility and the Gentleman who designed the system was there and he explained the way it was designed there was nothing the user could do to damage the system. There was even an add Poster on the wall highlighting how the system could be used to change a tire. Now this was all before everything was sold to Lippert and moved to their facility. So as pointed out, it's a CYA from the Lippert Legal Eagles.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:32 AM   #7

IMHO that little floor jack in their instructions probably wouldn't lift one wheel off the ground, especially if its in the dirt along the side of the road. Those jacks might work on your truck provided they're on asphalt or concrete, they're dangerous on dirt or any surface that they are unable to roll.
If I had to choose between their jack & my level up system, level up every time, much less work to just push a button.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #8

Even less work to phone the local road service guy.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #9
Site Team

Same as everyone above - I use the l veil up system anytime I have to pull a wheel. Once you're comfortable with it, you can manually lift just one side or the other. No way I'd use a jack unless it was last resort.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #10

Same here. Used the level up system to install the disc brakes, one side at a time.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote