Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

Tips when Samsung fridge leaks in to crisper drawers

We are full-timers since a year back and started to have problems with exactly what is described in the reviews of the Samsung refrigerator on Amazon.

The crisp drawers starts to fill up with water. Nothing is wrong what happens is that when we put the refrigerator in ECO-mode ice bids up in the small center drain channel beneath the cooling coil.

What we had to do to fix it is simple - just turn off the fridge for a couple of hours and let it thaw. If there is dirt built up in the drain channel just follow the instructions in this link and you hopefully save both time and money.

Not sure if you void the warranty by doing this but for us it was more important to get it fixed and it just took 20 minutes and a great opportunity to clean it out as well!

Samsung Refrigerator Leaking Into Crisper Drawer/Floor » ApplianceRepairLesson.com
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:08 AM   #2

has any one replaced there Samsung residential fridge with a different model fridge
MSGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:22 AM   #3

In the more recent models the Samsung has been replaced by a Whirlpool and ours has been on 24/7 365 for the past 2 1/2 years without a problem.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
As Michelle said our samsung has not been off since Sept of 14 Have only had water in the crisper once
Old 09-29-2017, 03:30 AM   #5

I do not have a residential fridge in my 31sl but I experienced the water in the crisper drawers with my Samsung fridge in my home. Sold the home before I could attempt a fix. The problem is the drain hose for the defrost cycle runs directly behind the bottom freezer and results in the drain water freezing in the drain line. Once the line is frozen the defrost water just has to go somewhere and the crisper drawers is the closest place. I found what seems to be a fix online. Take the back panel off on the inside of the fridge and get a long piece of bare copper electric wire and wrap one end around the bottom of the defrost heater and run the other end down through the drain line and hopefully whenever the defrost heater is on it will allow the copper wire just enough heat to keep the water from freezing when it drains. It is worth a try. Due to that problem I would never own another Samsung fridge. They apparently have no desire to issue a fix for the consumer.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #6

Yes, our Samsung fridge makes a terrible mess in the crisper drawers. I just ordered the new clip, but I fear it won't be enough. We tried the copper wire trick, it did nothing. We even added an additional wire, no dice. I pour about an inch of water out of my crisper drawers every couple of days and it a PAIN IN THE A!!! ALSO: We get a thick sheet of ice frozen on the bottom of the inside of the refrigerator under the crisper drawers.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote