Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #21

Thanks for the responses and informative discussion.

My Bad - but my original question about the separate furnace thermostat came from this picture:

Which is a ............Landmark, not a Redwood. And to complicate my memory it turns out the antique looking bi-metallic or mercury thermostat actually is a remote thermostate for the fantastic fan, not the furnace.

Anyway I did go re-educate myself and it looks like the standard heat pump configuration is1 heat pump and 1AC for a total 30,000 btuhs cooling. The ducted return air is all a new design from what I am used to, reducing noise I would imagine. There were two thermostats, but only one had the heat-pump, furnace selection. The other seemed to be just AC.

Good to know the 2nd heat pump might be available. Looks like it woud be a real pain to try and integrate one after the fact.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #22

I would not be without the two I love the heat pumps and the Fireplace!
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #23

Just a comment/question for all, what is the degree variance you experience when setting your thermostats for both cooling and heating with respect to the actual room temperature? I am having a helluva time with degree variance. Thanks, John
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Site Team

John, Mine is way off. I would guess about 10 degrees, we only keep our stick home at 70 but the RV around 80.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

IS ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR SAUNA OR HOT TUB ? WE LOVE OUR 36FB
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

IS ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR SAUNA OR HOT TUB ? WE LOVE OUR 36FB
?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #27

Did we miss this option opportunity?? Where did you put them? Dave can we engineer a fold out blow up model? That would be great to have at rallies and we could drink reasonable bourbon while lounging in the tub!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Did we miss this option opportunity?? Where did you put them? Dave can we engineer a fold out blow up model? That would be great to have at rallies and we could drink reasonable bourbon while lounging in the tub!!!
I'm on it John! After much consideration I've determined it would be best if we used your FL as the test model....first we'll remove the front living area(who needs a coach when they can have a hot tub). Then we'll remove the stove top and microwave to save weight and space (who's going to eat when they can drink). Then we can remove your bed because we need someplace for the massage table. You can't have a hot tub without the massage.

Now as for all those damn critters you tote around the country......trade them in for ducks. That way when you get tired of them floating in the hot tub you eat them around the camp fire (make sure Sam isn't looking). If she asks....tell her she's eating chicken and the damn ducks flew South. mmmmmmm I think the plan is coming together.....better not discuss this with Sam yet...wait until she's been drinking.