Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 03:27 AM   #1

Smile The 36FB has 4 drains?

We did purchase the 2013 36FB for the consignment lot in Houston this last weekend. Yeah!!
Can you help me with two items?

1. There are 4 drains on the driver side. Low point hot and cold, fresh water holding tank and a blue pex line with a petcock valve that I can't figure what it's to? Can you help.

2. One of the recliners has a base that isn't right. I see no visible damage yet the base leg rails are not parallel. Can the mechanics be replaced or are we looking for new matching recliners. Just so I'm clear, my wife's recliner works great. It's my chair that has the problem!

Howard
hmdarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Howard and congratulations on your new to you coach. May you have as much enjoyment and good times in it as we do ours.

If all 4 have a shutoff on them, the second one is the overflow for the fresh water tank. When it came from the factory, that line was open as a vent and with many of the units it would siphon and drain out about a 1/3 of the fresh tank. The easy fix was to put a petcock on it that you could open to fill the tank and as soon as you had flow from it, shut it.

Don't know as far as the recliner as a lot of us have replaced the factory ones with different brands. We are planning on getting a theater seating set from one of the furniture makers in Shipshewana.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #3

I just purchased 2 QUALITY Lazyboy wallhugger recliners to replace the el cheapo "Diamond Collection" (Do a search on them) recliners that Redwood provides. Personally I would just put yours in consignment (like we did) or try to sell em & just replace them with quality recliners.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #4

Ya, like Vaughan said, there are the low point drains (and you should have a little white overflow inbetween

and then the standard drain and overflow that I valved as well.

On your recliners - that was a transitional year when Redwood changed furniture. If you have the older versions, they just don't quite recline all the way and I would toss them. If they do recline all the way you have the newer ones like pictured and they might be worth fixing just to keep it simple. We really like ours.

PS - the newer furniture is Williamsburg Furniture at Williamsburg Furniture Inc. . They may be able to help as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01237.jpg (226.4 KB, 5 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:10 PM   #5

We have the '13FB also with the newer version of the recliners & have used them full-time for 3 years without any problems & like Brad we like them. I did bolt blocks underneath to raise them a bit as for us they were a little low. Sorry not much help!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote