Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Suspension Airbags 2017 3901MB

I just discovered the airbags on my 2017 3901MB are flat and cannot locate a place to fill them. I've traced out the lines and it appears they only connect side to side with no fill valve installed. I'm looking for suggestions or ideas on how best to add the fill valves and perhaps an on-board compressor.
redwoodbobp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #2

suspension air bags?? Do you mean the air bag on the pin box? The Flex Air? If it is the Flexair, the fill port should be directly on the top of the bag...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodbobp View Post
I just discovered the airbags on my 2017 3901MB are flat and cannot locate a place to fill them. I've traced out the lines and it appears they only connect side to side with no fill valve installed. I'm looking for suggestions or ideas on how best to add the fill valves and perhaps an on-board compressor.
If they are for the axle centrepoint their shouube a air valve and gauge somewhere
Unless it was built on a mon or fri and was left out
Old 10-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #4

centerpoint air bags

Usually there will be no on board compressor.....but there should be a gauge and air fill point / valve....Just like the ones on your tires....if you see air lines under your RW....you should able to trace them (at least have a direction where the valve and gauge are located....Its been my experience that they are usually installed in a protected location....(maybe in one of your compartments)....the air bag system works well....but I believe you MUST have at least a little air in the bags so they don't get damaged...so getting things sorted before you roll is important..
Down side of this system..(like all air bag systems)....is there is some maintenance involved.....our last unit had the system installed....and if our RV sat for any time....I had to pump things up..
Wes
2015 38RL / 2016 F-450
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:09 AM   #5

There is a valve and gauge up front next to the batteries.
TonynMarti is offline   Reply With Quote