Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #1

speaker question

I have a 2013 36RL which I purchased used in April of 2015. There are 5 white speaker on the LR ceiling but no rca wires apparent in the media center. I would like to purchase a receiver and make use of these speakers for the TV,DVD and Dish. Does anyone have any idea where these speakers terminate or maybe they are wireless? I have searched the forum for speaker info but none turned up.

Bill Stireman
Big Pine Key, FL
billstireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #2

I have a 2012 36RL and they plug into the back of my LG receiver. You should see the wires in the middle glass front cabinet over the TV. I personally just put a sound bar in just below the TV as I did not care for the sound quality of the OEM system.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #3

We have a 14 36FL and it sounds like the same speakers you have. Ours all come out right behind the LG DVD also.

Steve
Old 12-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #4

As I am sure you maybe already know that all speakers have a positive and negative side to them to keep them in phase with each other. Most of the time you will see that the small wire has a color stripe on one of the legs. This is usually connected to the positive side of the speaker. Locate the positive side of the amplifier and connect. Now make sure you mark right front center..eco that will take a little time to figure out
Old 12-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #5

We purchased our '12 36RL in April of 2014. Service person said when he removed the RCA dvd surround sound system that he marked alll the wires when he removed unit when they place units in their yard to deter theft, that and the TV's also. When we had the unit in our possession we discovered the speakers were all marked incorrectly. As I remember the Right Front was actually playing through the Subwoofer. Sounded terrible. Brought a small stereo outside to the Redwood. Using a small jumper of wiring determined what they really were, marked properly and hooked up correctly. Sounded much better, that is until the unit quit working altogether. It was replaced using our extended warranty with a LG BluRay surround system. By identifying the wires it helped them when replacing the units. Worked great ever since. And yes our wiring for the speakers is in the center cabinet above the Living room TV.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #6

I pulled the factory unit soon as I got it & installed a Sony receiver & blu-ray player so I would have enough HDMI ports to connect everything.
Remember, if you go that way, you have to remove the passive sub and use an active (powered) subwoofer.
Mine sounds killer using factory speakers/active sub. I put receiver & blu-ray in center cabinet & sub in left cabinet in my RL.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #7

Thanks for all of the reply's to my question. I know where the speaker wires are supposed to be but there are no speaker wires anywhere in the media center. They must have been removed by the previous owner or dropped down in the wall somewhere. I have not been able to locate them so I decided to add a sound bar and sub woofer which should arrive here tomorrow.
billstireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #8

I bet the guy stuff them back in the wall and they slid down. You could probably retrieve them with a fist tape or coat hanger.

5th time - interesting on the passive/active subwoofer. I wasn't aware and will need to do some research.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #9

Ditto for our 2013 RL. Wires route to the DVD player/tuner/entertainment unit.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote